Fischers chameleons?

cbeal1

I was wondering if anyone know of a decent male dwarf fischers chameleons available for sale? Everyone seems to be out of stock on them. Or even CB babies would be awesome. Would also like to know what some other peoples experiences are with them. The good and the bad

I don't see any new threads on them for the last couple of years. You could do a search and pm members that most recently had any.
Did you try fauna classifieds?

Yea I did a search as well and iv been reading through them slowly. Not really anything new on them. But yea if pretty much looked everywhere. Fauna, kingsnake, flchams, underground reptiles, lllreptile. They all seem to be out of stock. They may only come in certain times of the year. I'm not sure. But I'd really like one

You'll need to be more specific about the species you are looking for. Dwarf Fischer's tends to refer to Kinyongia tavetana, but can also refer to K. boehmei. K. tavetana has been banned from export from Tanzania, and K. boehmei has not bee exported from Kenya in a while. Neither are easy to find in the US currently.

Chris

Kinyongia tavetana is the species I would like to find. I was under the impression that they were imported from quite a few countries. Not just Tanzania. I can't remember where I read that though.

No, they are only found in Tanzania and a couple places just in to Kenya. Kenya does not export any wild caught chameleons, and K. tavetana is not currently being farmed there. As for the duration of the ban, this ban was imposed by CITES. When CITES imposed a similar ban on Malagasy species, it lasted 20 years. It just depends on how long it takes for Tanzania to get its act together and address the trade concerns CITES raised.

Chris

Well that kinda stinks. But it' not a big deal I guess. I may go with a CB carpet chameleon instead then. But I'll keep my eye out for the fischers, maybe a CB fischers will pop up somewhere. Thank you for your replies guys. I'l post pictures of my enclosure and whatever chameleon I decide to go with.

Fischer is such a broad and misused term...
Are you in America? Several people keep kinyongia chams in Europe. Including myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom