Fischers Chameleon

Hello Cain and AJA,
thank you for the compliments. :D

Do you house your Kinyongias together or separate?

We house them separate. Maybe it works in huge well planted cages, but it´s still a risk.
Some people in Germany keep the Kinyongia tavetanum as a pair together and it works (but never the multituberculata or matschiei).

How long have you had them? Have you had any clutches?

The K.matschiei male we got in December 2008, the K.multituberculata male in April 2009 and the girl in Juli 2009.

During summer we try to get them out in gauze cages. But there is still a problem we have, our balcony is to the south side and it is to warm at sunny days for the Kinyongias.
Therefore we put them only under our watch at the balkony....... :(

Peter

Sorry about your fischer, still pretty ripped off, at least that would be here. A fischer here in the Netherlands is worth about 5 times more than a veiled...I Don't know what the prices are like in USA but still..

A fischer here in the Netherlands is worth about 5 times more than a veiled...

Hi Esther,
can you tell us the prices from the Netherlands?

In Germany you can get a young veiled from 15Euro (20USD; Czech cham farm dealer) up to 70Euro (100USD; pet shop). A Fischer (Kinyongia multituberculata) you can get between 60 and 80Euro (85-110USD) - there is no difference between petshop and special chameleon dealer and the prices for breed of Fischer are at the WC-level.

Peter

I just brought home a WC Fischer that looked very healthy and hydrated, and was tested for parasites (negative, but i'm going to have him checked just the same). The pet store I got it from had none of their chams under UVB, supplementing with calcium w/D3 every day to juice them up so they wouldn't die right away. When I saw the Fischer I just had to give him a new home w/ proper husbandry. Brought him home and though he hasn't eaten yet (got him yesterday) he does drink like a fish and his colors are very vibrant greens, not to mention his impressive horns. He only colored up black once so far when he was first introduced to the cage. Aside from that he appears to be settling in nicely.

Regarding sexing the fischer's...do females have shorter horns? The pet store wasn't sure as to the gender of the little guy. Sorry for asking questions in another person's thread.

Regarding sexing the fischer's...do females have shorter horns?

Hi Jake,
please post a picture of the animal.

Which Fischers you have?

For example the females of Kinyongia matschiei have horns and they are not so small. The K.multituberculata females have really small horns.

Hi Jake,
please post a picture of the animal.

Which Fischers you have?

For example the females of Kinyongia matschiei have horns and they are not so small. The K.multituberculata females have really small horns.

I will post some pics in a seperate thread as soon as he/she gets a bit more comfortable in the new home. It's one of the two horned variety.

Back
Top Bottom