Fischer's Chameleon (Kinyongia fischeri)

Good to know, thanks. Forgive this question if it sounds rather silly, but are the "green or brown" colourations locale-specific? Or, does a "harvest" from a particular area usually have both varieties?

Drew

The much awaited updated photos are here!

3793618096_10190edce7_o.jpg

3793618178_8f97f6a6ba_o.jpg

This is the other male (not photographed in the original post). He's more drab then the other was and unfortunately he was half way through a shed in these pics but hope this will hold you guys over for a bit!

Chris

Thanks Chris!!!

I know I have been waiting!!!! Great pics! He looks absolutely amazing.:) The coloration and patterning is very striking!

He's actually prettier than the photos show. Those pics are his "F you for looking in my general direction" colors/pattern. He's a giant pain to take pics of.

Chris

"How dare you take pics while I'm in this fragile state!"

Thanks Chris for the pics and I'm eager to hear how these guys do and if you get a female.

Nice multituberculata, Peter!!!:D Thanks for sharing and bumping this thread. I love when it pops up when I have not been thinking about it:rolleyes:

Chris, regarding the brown and green coloration. I have a CB female from Mike and Juli has a female and male all from the same clutch. My female is GREEN with no hints of brown what so ever and Juli's male is a brown phase and I think her female is brown and green that I can remember:eek: This got me thinking a little, and sorry if its a poor analogy, but possibly its like the Ambilobe locale. Breed 2 blue bars and you can still get some offspring that show red bars. So this would suggest its just a natural trait that can come out in the whole species and not just a locale specific trait?

Sorry if that is way off. Just something I was thinking while re-reading through the thread:eek:

How is this guy doing? Love the video of his tongue shot!

I had a clutch of K. vosseleri that I offered for sale for months and didn't sell a single animal. My prices weren't necessarily cheap but for a species that had only been offered as CB or CH a handful of times, completely reasonable. Lots of people commented about how great it was to see them offered as CH and that the price was great for what they were but I didn't sell a single one. I ended up selling them wholesale to a guy in Texas who sold them at his pet store.

Couldn't agree more. We have access to some incredible gems of species for next to nothing and no one is working with them. No one even seems to want the CB/CH animals. Its really a shame and I hope people start to realize what some of these other species are like.

Chris

I know this is an old thread but I need a little more information, You have bred the West Usambara Two-horned Chameleon and was wondering if you could tell me how to tell if a female is gravid? Thanks Bammersx

Reply for Spork, Hey from my experience, these guys are movers,(travelers.) Of all the species of Chameleons I own these guys like to roam. So Im gonna suggest the largest cage you can afford to house, pending on your area alloted. Or as I do I free range mine, but contain them at the bottom, These guys are of a higher intelligence than some of the others I feel, as they seem to be pretty good at figuring out situations, and calculating how to acheive their desire to get there. Also with a memory far better than my other Chams.
In a sence they are good problem solvers, and One of the reasons they are such a joy, is to see this intelligence in such a creature.

Keep the rooms you contain them in 65 to 75 max and up your hummidity, I mist and use drippers, all mine drink well out of drippers, just set one up where its in line with there daily moving habits, and they will stop for a drink when they pass by. Usually you dont see them do this unless you have alot of time to watch them walk about! I feed the adults every 2 to 3 days.

[/COLOR][/B]

This is good advice. My wc K. multituberculata and cbb juvenile K. matschiei (I think...from the Kammers) were the busiest roamers of all my chams. They used every inch of the largest cages and were still determined to escape to the room. Very active, fairly "emotional", focused, and reactive all day. Lots of short drinking sessions all day too. I didn't use drippers, but had 4'x5'x5' cages just stuffed with foliage and a mister set to spray for short bursts multiple times so there were always droplets somewhere. And, this was at 9200 ft elevation in CO too. Heat wasn't a problem but humidity was. Their cages were draped with sheet plastic, I had the misting system and an ultrasonic humidifier cycling on and off every day. I did love the fischer's though. Very beautiful colors and sheer grace.

Wow Carlton, I didn't know you had any experience with Matschiei. And it's good to hear confirmation that the Kammers did indeed successfully breed them.

I will concur that for Matschiei at least, their memory is quite impressive in comparison to other species. My females don't seem to desire to roam quite as much as the males, but they do wander about their cage from time to time.

Hopefully someone will chime in and help out with some details about gravid coloration for multituberculata. Luis, where are you?

I love this chameleon!

This guy drinks the mist right out of the air! He is super neat!

Attachments

• Waldo.gif
    Waldo.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Glad somebody dug up this old thread! Here's one of my Kinyongia multituberculata. I've had him for about a year and a half. He's got some babies due to hatch in a couple months.

Attachments

• K.multi9.jpg
    K.multi9.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 386
Back
Top Bottom