Avid Member
Im going to use a xl reptibreeze.

List=
2 large umbrella plants
3 flukers bend a branch
2 monsoon nozzles on mistking
6% arcadia bulb
75 watt house bulb

Should i get a humidifier if humidity is already 50%?

Any pics of how you keep yours or example setups would be great.

Thanks, Bailey

My multituberculata group is currently being kept in the low to mid 60's F ambient in the day and upper 50's F at night. They have a 50W halogen basking bulb in each enclosure, a 25W LED spot light plus some 6500K's. I have a 6% Arcadia fixture over one of them thanks to Todd at Light Your Reptiles. Ambient humidity is about 70%, in the enclosures is in the mid 90 percent.

I run mist for 1 minute and drip for 15 minutes four cycles a day. They spend the first two hours basking, then move to the foliage for the rest of the day.

Good luck.

My multituberculata group is currently being kept in the low to mid 60's F ambient in the day and upper 50's F at night. They have a 50W halogen basking bulb in each enclosure, a 25W LED spot light plus some 6500K's. I have a 6% Arcadia fixture over one of them thanks to Todd at Light Your Reptiles. Ambient humidity is about 70%, in the enclosures is in the mid 90 percent.

I run mist for 1 minute and drip for 15 minutes four cycles a day. They spend the first two hours basking, then move to the foliage for the rest of the day.

Good luck.

Thank you. How do you get them down to low 60s in the day? my room is like normally 75-80

Thank you. How do you get them down to low 60s in the day? my room is like normally 75-80

Basement.

Forgot to mention basking temp is ~80F. They have to get warm in the mornings. Most important if you are cooling them down at night. Most everything I've researched points to strong cooling at night. Like into the 50's, so they need to warm up in the mornings to get moving and feeding.

My group has slowed down on activity level and feeding with the cooler weather, but they are still breeding and laying eggs. Common sense would say that they do get seasonal changes while in the wild, so that's why I do not heat the space that they are in to try to keep it same temps as summer.

If your room is normally 75 to 80, you definitely don't the need the 75 watt basking bulb on your list IMO. Your room is already at my basking temp.

A lot of people keep them similar to panther chameleons. I don't. I keep them just a bit warmer than quadricornis, with the same humidity as quads.

I'll put them outside as long as the weather does not go above the upper 70's or lower than 50F at night. They can tolerate weather into the mid 80's but only if they have near constant misting. Otherwise they will show dehydration and stress.

Basement.

Forgot to mention basking temp is ~80F. They have to get warm in the mornings. Most important if you are cooling them down at night. Most everything I've researched points to strong cooling at night. Like into the 50's, so they need to warm up in the mornings to get moving and feeding.

My group has slowed down on activity level and feeding with the cooler weather, but they are still breeding and laying eggs. Common sense would say that they do get seasonal changes while in the wild, so that's why I do not heat the space that they are in to try to keep it same temps as summer.

If your room is normally 75 to 80, you definitely don't the need the 75 watt basking bulb on your list IMO. Your room is already at my basking temp.

A lot of people keep them similar to panther chameleons. I don't. I keep them just a bit warmer than quadricornis, with the same humidity as quads.

I'll put them outside as long as the weather does not go above the upper 70's or lower than 50F at night. They can tolerate weather into the mid 80's but only if they have near constant misting. Otherwise they will show dehydration and stress.

So humdifier to drop temps at night?

i would say you keep the fischers more like jacksons not panthers..maybe you could get an a.c. to bring temps down a bit...or crack a window if you are in cooler climate. pm seeco,he is really great with and breeding kinyongia multituberculata(fischers)...

fischers

Basement.

no disrespect intended,i realize you are making great strides and progress with multituberculata also..but i dont of people using same care requirements as panthers,at least not here on the forums

i would say you keep the fischers more like jacksons not panthers..maybe you could get an a.c. to bring temps down a bit...or crack a window if you are in cooler climate. pm seeco,he is really great with and breeding kinyongia multituberculata(fischers)...

Ok thankyou. Ill check into that.

.but i dont of people using same care requirements as panthers,at least not here on the forums

There are experienced keepers on here who have kept them similar to panthers. If I come across the threads, I will reference.

So that there is no confusion by bringing that up, I am in no way recommending it.

Any ideas on how to? my room is usally 60-65 at night

That's fine. That is my summer night temps. Usually in the low 60's in the summer, currently dipping to 58F in November. I've logged the highest and lowest temps for my space for the last 20 years. Coldest it has gotten was 52F, warmest was 73F. That's where they are being kept other than when the weather is nice enough to get some outdoor time.

Last edited:
In the past I kept and bred K. multituburculata by using temps in the low 80's during the day with night drops into the middle or lower 60's. It worked but there was a much smaller group of people trying with this species then.

Would I do it again with the above temps no. If you look at the success being achieved using cooler temps it is pretty obvious that is the route that works better to keep the animals comfortable.

Carl

My kinyongia seems comfortable at 70*F daytime with a 75-80* basking temp. Into the night 65-69*F

If you look at the success being achieved using cooler temps it is pretty obvious that is the route that works better to keep the animals comfortable.

Carl

When I first researched keeping them, I was concerned that I would not be able to keep them warm enough because my old breeding system was set up for quadricornis. Seeco was kind enough to help me, and informed me of their requirements. Basically, I'm keeping them same as quads except for a slightly stronger basking bulb so they can warm up in the mornings.

They seem really happy and healthy.

If you can't meet their temperature requirements you might choose to work with a different species IMO. Like if you keep your house @ 75 to 80F.:eek:

When I first researched keeping them, I was concerned that I would not be able to keep them warm enough because my old breeding system was set up for quadricornis. Seeco was kind enough to help me, and informed me of their requirements. Basically, I'm keeping them same as quads except for a slightly stronger basking bulb so they can warm up in the mornings.

They seem really happy and healthy.

If you can't meet their temperature requirements you might choose to work with a different species IMO. Like if you keep your house @ 75 to 80F.:eek:

I checked and its at 72 with a temp gauge in my room

Back
Top Bottom