First Vet Visit

Hi all! So I'm planning on brining my little girl to the vet for the first time probably within a month. However, I've never been to an exotic animals vet before, so I'm just seeking any tips I can get! I just have a few questions too. When I bring her, (I have a shoe box with some twigs she can hold on too and some leaves), do I just bring her in the place in the shoebox, or take her out? And if it's my first time, should I just get a fecal done, or is there anything else I should be doing for her on my first visit? Thanks!

The shoebox with a stick is good, you can put the stick through the box so it is more stable. Keep her In the box until they take you back to the room. It will be less stress for her. They usually get sleepy from it being dark. I put a towel on the bottom too for padding just in case they fall off the stick.
I HIGHLY recommend getting a fecal for testing. If you can’t get one the same day collect one from the day before and store it in the fridge. Take a copy of all your husbandry info in case they ask. Write any questions down you want to ask or any concerns.

The shoebox with a stick is good, you can put the stick through the box so it is more stable. Keep her In the box until they take you back to the room. It will be less stress for her. They usually get sleepy from it being dark. I put a towel on the bottom too for padding just in case they fall off the stick.
I HIGHLY recommend getting a fecal for testing. If you can’t get one the same day collect one from the day before and store it in the fridge. Take a copy of all your husbandry info in case they ask. Write any questions down you want to ask or any concerns.
Super helpful, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom