first veiled hatched

Fate X

this morning i checked the incubator and a baby veiled was inside.
i put him in the baby area and put some crickets for him.i had to really focus on not getting to excited cause i had to be careful when i carried him upstairs.

he has some perlite on him. when is it ok to start misting him or her?

the temp in the baby room is 78f and peaks during the day about 82f.

what is the ideal temp range for newborns?

Congratulations! It's a cool feeling, huh? Try not to mist the babies themselves but rather around them on the leaves, etc. Most babies should start drinking on their first day. I've never owned any calyptratus so I don't know what the baby temps should be. I'm guessing that should be fine for now but that they could tolerate slighty higher temps later?

fate x those are perfect temps , i had my baby veilds at 69d f 70d f at night to 75 to 80 d f during the day and like hairfarm said dont mist them mist around them and they will start to drink for you , but your gona have to have some vines if you dont already and try to get the lil crickets to climb up it to were the babies are cause they will be a lil dumb at first cause they havent eatin but when that cricket moves the movement just drives them crazy till they SMASH!! got the crixs ,also your gona have to free roam the crix for about 2 or 3 weeks until they get used to you putting them in the cup, hoope this helps yea out some

i wish i had batteries for my digital camera.

shes in a plastic container with 2 live baby schefflera and plastic vines.
shes been active ,her eyes been open alot too.shes about 3 inches from nose to her tail.
i have a zoomed compact 5.0 for her uvb until tomorrow i gotta get a 4 ft shoplight,then she will have 2 reptisun 5.0.i have ordered 3000 silkworm eggs
i should have those tues.

im still unsure as to how many of the eggs will hatch.there are about 31 eggs left.

i wish i had batteries for my digital camera.

shes in a plastic container with 2 live baby schefflera and plastic vines.
shes been active ,her eyes been open alot too.shes about 3 inches from nose to her tail.
i have a zoomed compact 5.0 for her uvb until tomorrow i gotta get a 4 ft shoplight,then she will have 2 reptisun 5.0.i have ordered 3000 silkworm eggs
i should have those tues.

im still unsure as to how many of the eggs will hatch.there are about 31 eggs left.

When you get your 4ft reptisun 5.0, can you tell me what type of tube it is? T-8 or T-12? A way to tell is T-8's are 1 inch in diameter, T-12 are 1-1/2 inch in diameter. Another way to tell is T-8s are 32 watts and T-12s are 40 watts for 4ft models.

Thank you and good luck on your babies!

My first baby veiled hatchlings I was so excited. They did not eat for a couple of days. I started them off on fruit flies then I I put them on 1/8 inch crickets. To mist them I used a very fine mist and mist through the screen and the leaves be careful not to mist the hatchling or they can drown. I also would keep a wet paper towel on top of the cage that helps with the humidity.My basking light I used a 60 watt. When I took the hatchling out of the incubator container I misted a paper towel with declorinated water and gently cleaned the hatchling off. They are so cute when they are babies.Their little eyes are so cute.Good luck

Fate x When those Veileds are ready and eating I will buy them all if the price is rite. Let me know . Oh yeah by the way great job on your first hatchling and good luck

two more hatched, im feeding them 1/8 crickets right now.

i beleive the reptisun 5.0 are t12 .
i got the 4ft fixture today and got some batteries and took some pics.
im posting the pics within 24hrs.

i was surprised at how active they are at only 1 day old the first one to hatch was already upsidedown eating.

Last edited:
Thank you very much about the tube size Fate! I'll be ordering a 2 4ft reptisuns too real soon. Would you mind me asking where you got them from?
Thanks.

7 veiled babies have hatched and there are 2 more ready to hatch.
all 7 are still alive,the first one that hatched escaped while i went to get the light fixture but the next day i saw her on the bottom of the door and she was in perfect condition so i put her back in the container i had a feeling the containers were gonna need lids.

its getting serious now because theres so many like 5 in one container and they all look at you and you know you gotta keep feeding all of them.

When you get all the hatchlings in the cage be sure and be very careful when you open the door and shut it back. My first hatchlings I accidently caught his leg in the door because I did not see him and I lost him. I felt terrible about it but after that I was very careful and looked real good before I shut the door.

there are 11 hatchlings now. they all seem healthy ,they all got their eyes open.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom