First timer please help

Javier07

I got my veiled chameleon a week ago he is about 8-10 inches without the tail! He is not eating crickets he just eats wax worms , any idea why ? And how many wax worms should he eat daily? What other food should i try? Every suggestion will help thank you!

wax worms are fatty i wouldnt reccomend that being his only diet. leave some crickets in the cage and hell eat them eventually, are they too big for him? how old is he and what size crickets are you feeding him? cup feed or wild feed? gimme some deets. you can do hissing crickets, horn worms, super worms, meal worms, butterflies and all that. good luck

wax worms are fatty i wouldnt reccomend that being his only diet. leave some crickets in the cage and hell eat them eventually, are they too big for him? how old is he and what size crickets are you feeding him? cup feed or wild feed? gimme some deets. you can do hissing crickets, horn worms, super worms, meal worms, butterflies and all that. good luck

For his size he shoould be 7-8 months im feeding large crickets , im wild feeding and i dnt like to let them in there because the cage is in my room and crickets wont let me sleep at night Lol , he wont eat horn word either at least not the large ones , i need tl get some smaller horn worms

Wax worms are rather fatty and should not make up the majority of his diet. You could try silkworms or phoenix worms. Stay away from mealies and supers as they are fatty as well. It could be the reason he only wants wax worms too. I have heard that the chams can get fixated on one particular food and ignore the others. You could try withholding food for a few days then trying crickets or dubias. Also trying smaller horns or silks could work. My cham even though he was a good size liked smaller worms. I assume you put the wax worms in a cup of some kind and you could try using a cup for the crickets.

Wax worms are rather fatty and should not make up the majority of his diet. You could try silkworms or phoenix worms. Stay away from mealies and supers as they are fatty as well. It could be the reason he only wants wax worms too. I have heard that the chams can get fixated on one particular food and ignore the others. You could try withholding food for a few days then trying crickets or dubias. Also trying smaller horns or silks could work. My cham even though he was a good size liked smaller worms. I assume you put the wax worms in a cup of some kind and you could try using a cup for the crickets.

Thanks alot for the tips i will do so

Back
Top Bottom