First time

Chez1085

Hi I have a veiled chameleon who is now 1years old and this is my first time experiencing her having eggs I no the will be infertile as I have not mated her my concern is how long does the process take , she is digging like mad she’s drinking very active but gone of food but I’m not sure how long the process takes any advice would be great 😊 that’s where the egg is and that was 2 days ago

Attachments

• BF5827F2-31EE-4F0D-A58B-7A9931438661.jpeg
    BF5827F2-31EE-4F0D-A58B-7A9931438661.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi I have a veiled chameleon who is now 1years old and this is my first time experiencing her having eggs I no the will be infertile as I have not mated her my concern is how long does the process take , she is digging like mad she’s drinking very active but gone of food but I’m not sure how long the process takes any advice would be great 😊 that’s where the egg is and that was 2 days ago
Hi. :) From start to finish, the whole process usually takes one to two days. Make sure not to let her see anyone and not disturb her. Usually it’s best to cover the lower half of the enclosure with a light sheet to give her privacy. You’ll know she’s all done when she’s back on her basking branch, looking much thinner and all of the holes she dug have been carefully covered. Feed and hydrate her very well. Hornworms and silkworms are great feeders to give at this time. You’ll want to feed her well for a couple of days and then start feeding her 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week and make sure her basking temp stays at 80F. This will help reduce her egg production, which will help prolong her life.

…I’ve never experienced this but I know they say to not disturb her for any reason unless her life is in danger! Cover the lower half of her cage with a light sheet so she can’t see anyone and just let her be. She knows what she’s doing. When she’s done you will see her up on her basking branch all dirty and hungry. Feed her well for a couple days and make sure she has access to water and she’ll be fine. If she

Hi. :) From start to finish, the whole process usually takes one to two days. Make sure not to let her see anyone and not disturb her. Usually it’s best to cover the lower half of the enclosure with a light sheet to give her privacy. You’ll know she’s all done when she’s back on her basking branch, looking much thinner and all of the holes she dug have been carefully covered. Feed and hydrate her very well. Hornworms and silkworms are great feeders to give at this time. You’ll want to feed her well for a couple of days and then start feeding her 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week and make sure her basking temp stays at 80F. This will help reduce her egg production, which will help prolong her life.
Thank you it’s so worrying as that this is the first time she’s gone if her food but she’s drinking lots she digs for ages but she is not disturb as we don’t go in the room etc we leave her be and she still wants to be coming out aswell for her afternoon and evening walks and the picture I uploaded is still the same tonight she’s now asleep on her branch thank you for the reply 😊

It can take a day or two or a few days depending n the chameleon.

Here's how it should go...she will dig a hole...she may dig the same hole until she's happy with it or she may dig a few test holes before deciding on one and digging it until she's happy without. Do not let her see you watching her while she's digging...do not disturb her while she's digging...she might abandon the hole and it can lead to eggbinding.

She should then turn around butt down and lay all of her eggs. This usually happens in the evening. She may sleep in the hole. It might take a couple of hours or a few hours depending on the chameleon. You can keep the lights on the regular schedule.

When she done laying the eggs, she will fill in the hole, tamp it down and return to the branches...thinner, thirsty and hungry...and likely covered in dirt.

If it doesn't go this way...if she sits low in the cage...sits with her eyes shut in the daytime...is lethargic...etc, then let us know and get her to a vet.

It can take a day or two or a few days depending n the chameleon.

Here's how it should go...she will dig a hole...she may dig the same hole until she's happy with it or she may dig a few test holes before deciding on one and digging it until she's happy without. Do not let her see you watching her while she's digging...do not disturb her while she's digging...she might abandon the hole and it can lead to eggbinding.

She should then turn around butt down and lay all of her eggs. This usually happens in the evening. She may sleep in the hole. It might take a couple of hours or a few hours depending on the chameleon. You can keep the lights on the regular schedule.

When she done laying the eggs, she will fill in the hole, tamp it down and return to the branches...thinner, thirsty and hungry...and likely covered in dirt.

If it doesn't go this way...if she sits low in the cage...sits with her eyes shut in the daytime...is lethargic...etc, then let us know and get her to a vet.
Thank you so much this is how she looks at the minute

Attachments

• 02E8959D-1763-45B3-AE9F-16F1A29ABBF7.jpeg
    02E8959D-1763-45B3-AE9F-16F1A29ABBF7.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom