First time owner!

Everything looks good for your husbandry except for a couple things. 1st you do need to have three supplements 1.) Calcium w/o D3 with every feeding 2.) Calcium w/d3 3.) reptile vitamin. The last 2 should just be alternated every other weekend. Also you need to have a source of UVB/UVA light on him or her! The most common used is the Reptisun 5.0 . Keep in mind that you need to change the bulb out every 6-8 months. These things are extremely important when taking care of any chameleon. Also, Welcome to the extremely addictive world of chameleons....

Thanks hahaha. Would there be any brand you recommend using for the supplements?
Also I'll be sure to pick up a new light to be sure she has UVB/UVA on the 15th! (Feeding/errand day for all the snakes!!)

I get my supplements from LLL Reptile. That way you can get them all in one shipment I usually stick with the Repcal brand. I just purchased some new calcium w/o d3 and used the coupon REPCAL and it saved me 2 bucks.. Also, you might want to check the reptisun bulbs on that site aswell. Our local petstore charges 30 dollars for the 18" Reptisun 5.0 and LLL charges 20.00. Granted you pay more with the shipping but you can get everything in one order.... Hope this helps.

Guys I already went over supplements with the owner, check the first page. :)

Also I'm glad the veiled is so mellow with you! Sounds like he wanted out. :p

That small cage should be fine until around 2-3 months of age to be honest!

Kittiekins, were you at the reptile super show in pomona? I think I know the 25$ chams you're talking about.

Also I cannot see the tarsal spurs, you're going to have to take a better picture of ONLY the back foot maybe? :p

Guys I already went over supplements with the owner, check the first page. :)

Also I'm glad the veiled is so mellow with you! Sounds like he wanted out. :p

That small cage should be fine until around 2-3 months of age to be honest!

Kittiekins, were you at the reptile super show in pomona? I think I know the 25$ chams you're talking about.

Also I cannot see the tarsal spurs, you're going to have to take a better picture of ONLY the back foot maybe? :p

Indeed I was at the Pomona show<3
How can a reptile fanatic stay away?! Haha It's kinda funny that when I do open her cage top the first thing she does is reach her arms up and try to grab at me, no matter where I move! She seems to like that I'm there and it's hard to avoid holding her all the time! Hahaha But she puffed up at my boyfriend for some reason so he now knows he can't play with her.
She seems to be getting more comfortable now.

I'm having her eat fruit flies for the time being, she seems to like them more than crickets. She actually pooing now!!! Thank god, that was starting to worry me too! I've decided I'm naming her Loco.(Time to confused the mother in law haha<3)
Also, can I use the supplements on the fruit flies by any chance?

Indeed I was at the Pomona show<3
How can a reptile fanatic stay away?! Haha It's kinda funny that when I do open her cage top the first thing she does is reach her arms up and try to grab at me, no matter where I move! She seems to like that I'm there and it's hard to avoid holding her all the time! Hahaha But she puffed up at my boyfriend for some reason so he now knows he can't play with her.
She seems to be getting more comfortable now.

I'm having her eat fruit flies for the time being, she seems to like them more than crickets. She actually pooing now!!! Thank god, that was starting to worry me too! I've decided I'm naming her Loco.(Time to confused the mother in law haha<3)
Also, can I use the supplements on the fruit flies by any chance?

It seems like you have a nice cham :)

Pomona show was very fun although I saw some mistreated chams. It makes me worry about people who buy from shows, just gotta be careful!

Fruit flies... I guess you could put some calcium in the container they're in and see if they land on it? I don't know if it is possible to dust something so small.

It seems like you have a nice cham :)

Pomona show was very fun although I saw some mistreated chams. It makes me worry about people who buy from shows, just gotta be careful!

Fruit flies... I guess you could put some calcium in the container they're in and see if they land on it? I don't know if it is possible to dust something so small.

I love watching her eat these little flies, so cute! Just an update, she IS eating more regularly and in front of me so I know she's eating. Seems to like the fruit flies more than crickets. The flies are also showing to be a pain when it comes to keeping them in the enclosure, even with fruit in there! Still trying to find a good draining system that works with glass and shes got one strong grip for a baby! I was worried with the expo as well but I guess I figured if I need the help, I'm surrounded by people that can help.:)
OH! And almost forgot! I got her established with a reptile vet in my area for safe measures!
All in all Loco is one happy cham! Thank you everyone for the help:)

Back
Top Bottom