First time looking for imports. Anyone got a crash course?

Thanks, good to know! From what little info I could find, it seems like they may root around on the ground for prey on occasion! I guess I'll test and see if this is true. I plan to heavily plant the enclosures (probably with some fake plants too) so that they have the most cover possible.
I would stay with live plants. The extra moisture and humidity live plants bring is a big plus for this species. I would just schedule in enough dry time to allow for healthy shedding.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I would recommend keeping the top part of the enclosure open with branches. Calumma malthe occasionally surface to the top of the enclosure to bask and have a look around. However I have found Calumma malthe for the most part stay in the mid to lower parts of the enclosure.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is a photo of my male Calumma malthe in my greenhouse. He is moving around in thick planted area.

lLbSvt.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is a photo of my male Calumma malthe in my greenhouse. He is moving around in thick planted area.

lLbSvt.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
He's so beautiful! Thank you so much for all of the help and advice! Live plants it is then. I've got experience with planted vivaria, so I can probably keep the cages going well. I'm picking up one more cage & another UVB bulb today, we have a bunch of leftover supplies from previous lizards. This UVB is less than 3 months old too, so that's good.

He's so beautiful! Thank you so much for all of the help and advice! Live plants it is then. I've got experience with planted vivaria, so I can probably keep the cages going well. I'm picking up one more cage & another UVB bulb today, we have a bunch of leftover supplies from previous lizards. This UVB is less than 3 months old too, so that's good.
Calumma malthe are lookers. There are more than a couple species from the Elephant Eared group of Calumma chameleons that have got great colors. Calumma malthe is one of those species. Calumma malthe is sometimes called the Emerald Eared Chameleon.

Pictures when your pair arrives.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Calumma malthe are lookers. There are more than a couple species from the Elephant Eared group of Calumma chameleons that have got great colors. Calumma malthe is one of those species. Calumma malthe is sometimes called the Emerald Eared Chameleon.

Pictures when your pair arrives.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Pictures will definitely be on the way! They should be here on the 5th, I can't wait!

Alright, the chams landed at my home on the 3rd due to a miscommunication on the end of the seller. I had to scramble to assemble the male's cage and have not had time to put together my fogging/misting system, so that is being done by hand at the moment. Don't have many pics, I'll take some later today now that they are settled in a bit more. I don't want to disturb the female too much, since she's full to bursting with eggs! I really don't want her to get bound.
On that note, should her lay bin be heated? The room she's in hovers in the mid 60's all day, and thus her lay bin is also in the mid 60's. Should it be warmed to the 70's-80's, or left as-is?

Alright, the chams landed at my home on the 3rd due to a miscommunication on the end of the seller. I had to scramble to assemble the male's cage and have not had time to put together my fogging/misting system, so that is being done by hand at the moment. Don't have many pics, I'll take some later today now that they are settled in a bit more. I don't want to disturb the female too much, since she's full to bursting with eggs! I really don't want her to get bound.
On that note, should her lay bin be heated? The room she's in hovers in the mid 60's all day, and thus her lay bin is also in the mid 60's. Should it be warmed to the 70's-80's, or left as-is?
I stuck my malthe in a bucket of sand with a couple pieces of ficus stuck in it and she went to town.

Alright, here are the chams and their homes!
The female is in an 18-18-36" enclosure, while the male is in a 24-24-48". The only reason for this is that I couldn't find any other 18-by's and I needed a cage, and honestly I'm happy that I got this one instead!
For the female's lay bin I'm using a tall salt bucket (thoroughly washed!) filled about 9" deep with 70% play sand and 30% cocofiber/sphagnum moss mix. I'm really hoping that all of this moving around won't bind her up, they were shipped a few days early so I had to throw things together until today.
IMG_0150 (2).JPG IMG_0151 (2).JPG IMG_0153 (2).JPG
You can see the female in the top left corner of the above pic. Didn't want to disturb her any more.
IMG_0154 (2).JPG IMG_0155 (2).JPG
And here's Mr. Man after a nice meal of a few crickets. Ms. Lady has yet to eat, so I think she may be getting ready to lay.
So yeah, here they are. I'm very excited to keep these amazing animals and I hope that I'm able to raise the eggs full term! I'll start a new thread to document them in the future.
Thanks for following and God bless.

Attachments

• IMG_0152 (2).JPG
    IMG_0152 (2).JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 73
Alright, here are the chams and their homes!
The female is in an 18-18-36" enclosure, while the male is in a 24-24-48". The only reason for this is that I couldn't find any other 18-by's and I needed a cage, and honestly I'm happy that I got this one instead!
For the female's lay bin I'm using a tall salt bucket (thoroughly washed!) filled about 9" deep with 70% play sand and 30% cocofiber/sphagnum moss mix. I'm really hoping that all of this moving around won't bind her up, they were shipped a few days early so I had to throw things together until today.
View attachment 324061View attachment 324062View attachment 324064
You can see the female in the top left corner of the above pic. Didn't want to disturb her any more.
View attachment 324065View attachment 324066
And here's Mr. Man after a nice meal of a few crickets. Ms. Lady has yet to eat, so I think she may be getting ready to lay.
So yeah, here they are. I'm very excited to keep these amazing animals and I hope that I'm able to raise the eggs full term! I'll start a new thread to document them in the future.
Thanks for following and God bless.
Congratulations!!

Update on laying. She stopped digging at around 8 last night, right before her lights went off. She managed to get about 2 inches in, and has yet to resume digging today. I'm not going to look at her at all today, let her do her thing.

Laying update. She attempted to dig in a pot of syngonium yesterday, to no avail. SHe hasn't moved from her perch above the lay bucket, not even 3 hours after the lights came on. I'm a bit concerned that she'd dig a practice hole and then quit like that. She also has yet to eat any food, or pay any attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom