First time chameleon owner

I had no idea there was so many options! I will go online tonight and order food. I already cleaned his poop” I’m sorry I didn’t think to take a picture” if it’s still bad tomorrow, I will post a picture. I feel awful for not realizing there are so many options...

No problem, as long as you’re learning, no worries! Definitely post a poop pic if it continues!

I just ordered Dubia roaches, waxworms and black soldier flies. What’s the foods to feed them? Can I keep them all together or separate? Sorry for all the questions

I just ordered Dubia roaches, waxworms and black soldier flies. What’s the foods to feed them? Can I keep them all together or separate? Sorry for all the questions
No problem! Waxworms should only be used as treats, unless you pupate them into moths. You can keep the same types together (dubias with other dubias, etc) but separate the different feeders (don’t house dubias with BSFL). Gutload all of them with either organic fresh fruits and veggies (there’s a gutload list here in the food and nutrition tab in resources) and/or a quality commercial gutload, like Cricket Crack, Pangea Gutload, or Repashy Bug Burger

I couldn’t get a good picture yesterday...how does his poop look? It’s better than it was buy still a little skinny at the end

Attachments

• 13888DA1-9C8A-4AE2-BBD9-39CAD02EF9A7.jpeg
    13888DA1-9C8A-4AE2-BBD9-39CAD02EF9A7.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 147
Spike poop is slimy and not solid...we have been giving him meal worms a little more the past couple days and not crickets because our local Petsmart crickets haven’t been arriving alive. Is this normal or what do you think can be wrong? He’s active and comes to his door to get out 100x a day still and plays in the playroom. He also is shedding...

Are you by any chance in Alaska??? I've been having the same problem getting crickets. I have to start looking at where to order them

Here is my schedule, if it helps. It's relatively dry this time of year in the north east. My humidity gauge is usually between 20 and 35-40% humidity. When he sheds I spray him with luke warm water and up the misting times to try to give it a little boost.

Lights on 11am
Mist 1 @ 11:30 am - 3 minutes
Mist 2 @ 1pm - 2 minutes
Mist 3 @ 3pm - 1 minutes
Mist 4 @ 5pm - 2 minutes
Mist 5 @ 7pm - 2 minutes
Mist 6 @ 8pm - 1 minute
Lights out 11pm

@ERKleRose, what are your thoughts on superworms? My cham I think likes them more than dubias which stinks because I just started a dubia colony. If supers are on the good feeder list I think I am starting a colony of them too.

Here is my schedule, if it helps. It's relatively dry this time of year in the north east. My humidity gauge is usually between 20 and 35-40% humidity. When he sheds I spray him with luke warm water and up the misting times to try to give it a little boost.

Lights on 11am
Mist 1 @ 11:30 am - 3 minutes
Mist 2 @ 1pm - 2 minutes
Mist 3 @ 3pm - 1 minutes
Mist 4 @ 5pm - 2 minutes
Mist 5 @ 7pm - 2 minutes
Mist 6 @ 8pm - 1 minute
Lights out 11pm

@ERKleRose, what are your thoughts on superworms? My cham I think likes them more than dubias which stinks because I just started a dubia colony. If supers are on the good feeder list I think I am starting a colony of them too.
My chams hate dubias, so I breed orange headed, ivory headed, and red runner roaches. With supers, you want to only use them for variety and not as a staple. And you have to separate each individual worm for them to pupate, then breed them together.

My chams hate dubias, so I breed orange headed, ivory headed, and red runner roaches. With supers, you want to only use them for variety and not as a staple. And you have to separate each individual worm for them to pupate, then breed them together.
Yeah, I did the research already, seems relatively simple, but it will take a while to get an established pool of feeders. Lately I've been giving him 15 or so dubia's and 5 supers in the morning, I come home from work to always find the supers gone, and 10 or so dubias still there. Prior to introducing him to supers, he would clear out all dubias that I'd give him. I have cut off the supers to try to get him back on dubias. He loves silkies, the first batch I hatched are finally feeder size, but man was that a pain raising them up. That mulberry powder food mix dries out so quickly and it was a constant process to replace it, I wish there was an easier way. I still have 200 eggs in my fridge.

Back
Top Bottom