First Time Breeding Panthers

I've decided to give breeding the crickets a run. I read up everything about it. Im taking the laying bin out of the cricket tote tomorrow and hopefully in about 10 days or so i should have have some pinheads

the female a month after laying her eggs, shes doing great. She has been showing alot of purple/blue on her cheeks and her side

2uzxquc.jpg

Congrats! She looks in great health. I've seen some females look very emaciated afterwards from the toll that egg laying takes on their bodies. Now is the long wait. Usually 7 months or more. Just be patient. Good luck!

You can house then all together for about the first 3-4 months.. cage wise what most people do is get a big plastic tub like you would use for a dubia colony.. cut the top out and hot glue screen around the top.. I have seen some people use small screen cages and exoterras but it seems like most people use the tubs.. on the inside I made a jungle gym out of kabob skewers ... you can use real or fake plants personally I didn't use real plants for the first two months because you have to clean the cage like everyday because of all the poop.. the jungle gym I made I could pull right out and then clean the tub it was the easiest.. you will go through a lot of paper towels because u will have to wipe down the mist non stop to make sure humidity doesn't stay to high and the fruit flies and small crickets drown very easily.. for the first 2 months or so you shouldn't even need a heat lamp just use the long tube uvb bulb.. preferably not a brand new one if you have a used bulb use that.. a brand new one can hurt the hatchlings eyes.. temps need to be around 70-76.. you don't want to get it too hot they are so small and can't regulate temps yet so they can overheat and dehydrate very easily... It's a learning process I can't wait to do it again lol.. when you are expecting them to hatch you will want to start getting fruit fly and bean beetle cultures going... they are the cheap food sources.. you will go through thousands of crickets like it ain't **** and that will rack up the bill.. you can get fruit flies and a culturing kit from joshsfrogs.com for like 30 dollars and make your own cultures this saves hundreds on food cost.. they also have bean beetles I think 8 dollars per culture it wouldn't be a bad idea to start the bean beetles in a couple months.. as they produce like crazy then it takes a month or two to start booming again after they die.. if you need help culturing them hit me up

When you talk about cleaning up the misting continuously, can you explain more how often and how you mist the tubs and then clean up after the water so it doesn't drown the fruit flies?

The chameleons and the eggs are doing great. Its just that between going to school and moving and everything else, it just become too much of a hassle so they need to go. Im mean i really like them its just all too time consuming.

Back
Top Bottom