first shed... with me.

lucky

i have to share my anticipation.

my panther (Verdell) i got in november is just now shedding. poor guy is running around and rubbing trying to get all old skin off. i cant wait for his "new clothes" to show up!

pics coming soon...

i want to ask.....every how long do chams shed.....lets say 5 months old....maybe 4 months...

What you mean by how long? Do you mean how long it takes to shed or how long between sheds? When mine were around that age they shed fairly often as they were growing fairly quickly. It took them about a day to go through their entire shed. You can usually tell when they are coming up for a shed as they usually loose their appetite, go off their food a day or so before their shed and can become a bit 'grumpy' :rolleyes:

As they grow older they shed less. You should expect you little ones to shed fairly often since this is when they grow the quickest. Mine had his first shed in front of me about a week ago and I believe he may be about to shed again!

Where are the pictures!?

As for how often, babies shed about once a month until around 6-7 then it starts to slow down quite a bit. As adults they may not even completely shed all of their skin at one time. Sometimes a leg one week, then the head the next, then the tail and two more legs the next and so on.

Back
Top Bottom