First real snow of the year

morpheon

Here is the view from my balcony at 5:15am! I tried to take a few pictures of my girlfriend's cat on the snowy balcony, but he didn't like the idea and went back inside within a matter of seconds! :D

dsc0305n.jpg

dsc0290fz.jpg

dsc0284d.jpg

Cool! I love snow! It snowed over here back in January the heaviest snowfall for years - I couldn't get to work for a week! The snow was wonderful to start with but it did become a pain when we had to walk everywhere, lol! It's supposed to get a lor colder in the UK next week too. All I ask for is a white Christmas - that would be the best present ever!:D I'm just a big kid at heart, lol!

I should be seeing a bit of snow here in washington on Sunday and iam DREADING it. I'm originally from the south and cold just isn't my thing :p

I should be seeing a bit of snow here in washington on Sunday and iam DREADING it. I'm originally from the south and cold just isn't my thing :p

Haha! I heard that you people in the States get paralyzed when there is one or two inches of snow, while here offices aren't closed unless there is more than 6 inches of snow! :p

It's sad to see that you aren't wishing for a white Christmas like Miss Lily!! And i thought people in the southern States were wishing to see real snow!! I guess i was wrong again! :eek:

Hey! You only got our leftovers. We got 18" between Thursday night and Friday afternoon. I didn't take pictures because I hate snow! :D
We're expecting another 10-15 cm on Thursday, and the same on Friday. I hope the forecast is wrong for so far ahead.
My friend in Parksville (Vancouver Island) said they got 1/2", and the city is shut down. That makes me laugh! We'd be shut down all winter LOL

Woah, half an inch and it's shut down?! :eek: And i never thought Winnipeg would get snow before Quebec! Do you have huge winters Lisa??

Hahahahahaha :D

LOL!!!:D I do like snow boarding but I would rather be where it is warm all year round. Skate boarding is much more fun, which I am trying to get my old washed up body used to it again:eek:

Last year Maryland got hit hard. I think we accumulated near 3 feet in 2 snow storms back to back. It was almost to my waist. Shoveling snow gets old.......QUICK!!!!

I guess you are meant to live at Dubai, where it is always sunny or almost, and where you can snowboard inside some very big buildings! :p

url

HOLY COW D: we had snow back in October. D: but then it melted and it snowed again. still melted and waiting for more D: i miss summer :/

Haha! I heard that you people in the States get paralyzed when there is one or two inches of snow, while here offices aren't closed unless there is more than 6 inches of snow! :p QUOTE]

Not here in Minnesota! We just had like 10 inches this last week and of course nothing ever shuts down due to it :(

Haha! I heard that you people in the States get paralyzed when there is one or two inches of snow, while here offices aren't closed unless there is more than 6 inches of snow! :p

It's sad to see that you aren't wishing for a white Christmas like Miss Lily!! And i thought people in the southern States were wishing to see real snow!! I guess i was wrong again! :eek:

Well you heard right atleast ppl here in Washington are like that. The snow comes and there's about a million accidents haha you think wed be pro driving in snow by now but nope. And I was at first excited to see show then it snowed really bad and the power went out and we had to cook over the fire place. Now its like a curse haha.

Up here in Maine we don't shut down for anything... It has to be a Nor-Easter with power out before anything closes down. Rarely are there school closings. But most business stay open anyway even if you have to drive in a foot of snow.

Woah, half an inch and it's shut down?! :eek: And i never thought Winnipeg would get snow before Quebec! Do you have huge winters Lisa??

The hugest! LOL. Our systems come from Alberta and Colorado, and we usually get snow just before Halloween. We just got another 15cm today, that wasn't forecasted. Come December and January we get down to -40 (40below in US temps), making us the coldest populated city in the world. There's a city in Russia (I think) that is colder, but they have less people living there (I can't imagine why :rolleyes:).

Another 10-15 scheduled for two other days later in the week.

The hugest! LOL. Our systems come from Alberta and Colorado, and we usually get snow just before Halloween. We just got another 15cm today, that wasn't forecasted. Come December and January we get down to -40 (40below in US temps), making us the coldest populated city in the world. There's a city in Russia (I think) that is colder, but they have less people living there (I can't imagine why :rolleyes:).

Another 10-15 scheduled for two other days later in the week.

All I can say is Burrrrrrr!!! and I want to move to Florida! :)

Haha! I heard that you people in the States get paralyzed when there is one or two inches of snow, while here offices aren't closed unless there is more than 6 inches of snow! :p QUOTE]

Not here in Minnesota! We just had like 10 inches this last week and of course nothing ever shuts down due to it :(

You guys are tough like us! I can't remember the last time we shut down for snow, but I think we got something like 30 cm, which is about 2'. Even then it's just for one day.

Well Pedro was right, its snowing here in Washington now. Ughhhh!!! Andyeah people seem to forget how to operate a motor vehicle when surrounded by white stuff.
I am bummed cuz I ordered a pair of Oustalets that are gonna have to be shipped through this crap.

Back
Top Bottom