First outing in the sun

Ruganut

Yesterday the sun came out and I thought I'd see if Ringo would like some fresh air. The weather here has been very hit and miss lately, so when the sun is out I'm gonna make the most of it :p

I only had him out for about 10mins and the sun was rather warm. He sat on my hand and mainly looked up in the air, especially to the birds sitting on the roof of my house !

His colour really did start to shine, turning a most beautiful 'rich' green. When I looked closer I noticed a lovely turqoise blue (sorry, dont know how else to explain it:rolleyes:). I had never seen that colour on him before so I suppose the sun really is good for them. Typically, I wanted to try and get him outside as much as possible, but today its cold and raining :mad:

I'm gonna pot another Pothos, with some canes fixed in the pot so I can take it outside when the weather is good. He can then play on that rather than just sit on my hand ! Is there a maximum time he should be out ? So long as I provide him with some shade, will that just be enough ? Very new to this outdoors thing for him, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Oh, and btw, he really seemed to enjoy it :D

The sun is fantastic for them and you should try and get him out in it as much as possible. I cannot imagine not seeing the sun very often! I live in Florida so we are very spoiled with the sunshine year round.

Back
Top Bottom