First DIY enclosure

Roger.bowen

Established Member
Since I am slowly entering the finally stages of my build I thought I would share it with all you guys!!!

I will keep updating as I go along but the new chameleon on the way should be very please

Attachments

• 33DF5B8B-7749-456D-907D-9093D554DB85.jpeg
    33DF5B8B-7749-456D-907D-9093D554DB85.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 6FB93CBB-FF9B-490B-A20B-29ED6306B585.jpeg
    6FB93CBB-FF9B-490B-A20B-29ED6306B585.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 297
  • CD0A5D67-EC25-47CD-8BB4-C71644E28484.jpeg
    CD0A5D67-EC25-47CD-8BB4-C71644E28484.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 95F4F8D9-52A9-421C-AF98-3BAEF97F8CE7.jpeg
    95F4F8D9-52A9-421C-AF98-3BAEF97F8CE7.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 326
  • CEF14FAD-ED1E-44E3-8EB3-E63778394A49.jpeg
    CEF14FAD-ED1E-44E3-8EB3-E63778394A49.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 275
Since I am slowly entering the finally stages of my build I thought I would share it with all you guys!!!

I will keep updating as I go along but the new chameleon on the way should be very please
Amazing, wish i could build something like this. I dont think I have enough corners with 3 chams though lol

looks awesome, like the design. post pics when its finished! mine is still a baby and keeping him in a zoo med cage, but once he gets bigger I'm going to be building my own as well

The build is entering the final stage throwing on some waterproof outdoor paint then just let it air out for a bit

Attachments

• 32BE1B50-D404-4C84-BDDA-459E5C07F8DA.jpeg
    32BE1B50-D404-4C84-BDDA-459E5C07F8DA.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 247
Amazing, wish i could build something like this. I dont think I have enough corners with 3 chams though lol
This cage is prob big enough to house 2 females if I split it in half with a divider, I’m going to have to divide this cage up for now since the little guy coming in is just a few months old

We are in the progress of putting my girls cage together. My boyfriend is awesome! Cage is taller than me ;). I hope he likes building things, little does he know I plan on getting an Ambilobe soon lol

Back with another update this time I need your guys opinion, so I am running low on paint and I have left the things that I personally don’t think need to be painted like the base interior walls.

In the photo you are obviously able to see it but once I place my flooring with substrate it’s going to be impossible to see through the floor of the terrarium itself and therefore the walls of the base are only visable if you go underneath to change like the drainage bucket or something that may be store underneath.

Should I go out and buy more paint or just leave it how it is, if you guys are worried about water touching those walls I am having my drainage setup with plastic and a system to catch the water so that it will hopefully never come in contact with anything else but the bucket and the walls that have been coated.

Attachments

• CDD2008C-4A4D-4B1F-89EF-4CE161227654.jpeg
    CDD2008C-4A4D-4B1F-89EF-4CE161227654.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 263
Back with another update this time I need your guys opinion, so I am running low on paint and I have left the things that I personally don’t think need to be painted like the base interior walls.

In the photo you are obviously able to see it but once I place my flooring with substrate it’s going to be impossible to see through the floor of the terrarium itself and therefore the walls of the base are only visable if you go underneath to change like the drainage bucket or something that may be store underneath.

Should I go out and buy more paint or just leave it how it is, if you guys are worried about water touching those walls I am having my drainage setup with plastic and a system to catch the water so that it will hopefully never come in contact with anything else but the bucket and the walls that have been coated.
Looks good that way!

i think if anything, it would look better unpainted, most any cabinet in the world that you open you're more used to seeing the wood tones on the inside... then again if there's ever a leak in the drainage or if it gets too humid in there it could cause problems. but I'd say if you're going to do anything dont buy more paint, maybe a clear coat or something just for the water proofing.

i think if anything, it would look better unpainted, most any cabinet in the world that you open you're more used to seeing the wood tones on the inside... then again if there's ever a leak in the drainage or if it gets too humid in there it could cause problems. but I'd say if you're going to do anything dont buy more paint, maybe a clear coat or something just for the water proofing.
Okay thanks I have thought about clear coat bjt with the humidity you are probably right and I will most likely have to put something on it

looks good though, makes me anxious to build mine, once little guy grows up a little more. let me know how much it ends up costing so I know how much I have to butter my wife up before telling her.

looks good though, makes me anxious to build mine, once little guy grows up a little more. let me know how much it ends up costing so I know how much I have to butter my wife up before telling her.
It has cost me a lot of money, a lot of money, aha but it has been worth it, kinda just a project I have slowly been doing over the months

It has cost me a lot of money, a lot of money, aha but it has been worth it, kinda just a project I have slowly been doing over the months
lol..maybe I should start early then, so she just sees small amounts going into it at a time... though, even though reptiles aren't her thing, she's all into her interior design stuff. so hopefully she'll be into getting rid of that God awful screen setup on a table, and have something that looks like furniture.

lol..maybe I should start early then, so she just sees small amounts going into it at a time... though, even though reptiles aren't her thing, she's all into her interior design stuff. so hopefully she'll be into getting rid of that God awful screen setup on a table, and have something that looks like furniture.
Yea I’m still leavin at home :/, till the end off college after having reptiles once, had to make something that looks good to keep the parents happy

Almost done just have to mount the plexi glass and put the last frames onto it, then it’s just to installing the Mist King and it will be all ready for decoration

Attachments

• B7624E8C-2F4C-4EC1-8EE3-3F46D57A5504.jpeg
    B7624E8C-2F4C-4EC1-8EE3-3F46D57A5504.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 253
Back
Top Bottom