First chameleon please help me give him a great life

Hi @Rex_The_Chameleon just reading back through your thread I don't think its mentioned only run a fogger at night when temps are 67 or 65 f and below for me personally using a govee mini wireless helps me best determine when to run mine and when not to and also the best time at night to run it. I hope this helps
Wow thank you so much, yes you did help. The giver mini is super awesome I’m definitely going to be getting one.

I was told by another enthusiast that having a combo tank is better in a dry hot place because it helps keeping the humidity in, would you agree with that or no??
If you need a combo tank (where more live plants and longer misting sessions and cool-mist fogging during the night and if you go bioactive-if you want to- and still aren‘t getting the humidity levels you need), you’ll get either a DragonStrand, Exo Terra (which isnt big enough for your cham once he‘s fully grown), Zen Habitats (with the screen bottom door), or make your own. An aquarium with a small screen door added is not a proper chameleon enclosure and will only cause issues.

Hi @Rex_The_Chameleon in my imagination a combo would not be a glass / screen enclosure glass will be no use in the winter if its cold and as mentioned exo terra aren't big enough a hybrid like dragon strand imo would be better and also getting all live plants it will both naturally get your humidity levels up and improve air quality, and provide coverage to get away from heat, uvb and for hiding and to feel safe also up your misting to 3 to 5 minutes before lights on ( you don't have to have your humidity constantly at high levels as it would naturally fluctuate in the wild ) imo/ ime if you get all live plants change misting you could see a difference

Hi @Rex_The_Chameleon in my imagination a combo would not be a glass / screen enclosure glass will be no use in the winter if its cold and as mentioned exo terra aren't big enough a hybrid like dragon strand imo would be better and also getting all live plants it will both naturally get your humidity levels up and improve air quality, and provide coverage to get away from heat, uvb and for hiding and to feel safe also up your misting to 3 to 5 minutes before lights on ( you don't have to have your humidity constantly at high levels as it would naturally fluctuate in the wild ) imo/ ime if you get all live plants change misting you could see a difference
Thank you for your help I will be purchasing a dragon strand home for him, it’s actually the type of cages I was looking at for his juvenile stage i just didn’t know there was a company that perfected them, so this was helpful thank you

If you need a combo tank (where more live plants and longer misting sessions and cool-mist fogging during the night and if you go bioactive-if you want to- and still aren‘t getting the humidity levels you need), you’ll get either a DragonStrand, Exo Terra (which isnt big enough for your cham once he‘s fully grown), Zen Habitats (with the screen bottom door), or make your own. An aquarium with a small screen door added is not a proper chameleon enclosure and will only cause issues.
Thank you so much for your advise I will purchasing a dragon strand cage for him pretty soon

Back
Top Bottom