First Chameleon! (Jackson's)

thatchrisguy122

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I got my first chameleon today and i would like to share my setup and pictures of my little buddy so some more experienced users can share their thoughts and tips.

First of all, I may have gotten the wrong temperature/humidity guage. I set up his habitat and misted it about 10 times with a spray bottle before releasing him inside, but as you can see the humidity guage is reading pretty low.

I've included pictures of my chameleon, the guage (which is stuck to the wall closest to his basking spot), and the light bulb combo im currently using.

As Im typing this he is right near his basking spot and appears to be a healthy bright green color.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• securedownload (2).jpg
    securedownload (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 118
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 121
  • securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 111
  • securedownload (3).jpg
    securedownload (3).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 96
Ours look exact

Hey I just to the same looking cage and chamelon and everything ! How do you post pictures?

first thing take out the waterfall, it is a BIG NO NO, some more plants would be good.

and a very good locking chamleon

Welcome 2 the cham forum and congrats on your new jax :)

Jax are the friendliest and most laid back, docile chams of all.
I love them :D

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I got my first chameleon today and i would like to share my setup and pictures of my little buddy so some more experienced users can share their thoughts and tips.

First of all, I may have gotten the wrong temperature/humidity guage. I set up his habitat and misted it about 10 times with a spray bottle before releasing him inside, but as you can see the humidity guage is reading pretty low.

I've included pictures of my chameleon, the guage (which is stuck to the wall closest to his basking spot), and the light bulb combo im currently using.

As Im typing this he is right near his basking spot and appears to be a healthy bright green color.

thanks in advance!
that waterfull is going to collect lots of bacteria and I think that 100 watts is going to be too hot for a jacksons chameleon. the basking spot should not be over 85. you should check how hot it gets by his basking area.

Beautiful baby you have :) As the others stated, get rid of the waterfall, and add some more plants. Basking temps should be between 75-81, Jackson's like it cooler than other chams. You'll also want to split the cage - a wet, cool side, and a dry, warm side. Get a fogger or cool humidifier and run it with your lights on one side of the cage. I use a long UV light, run it down the center, on the right side is my fogger, and on the left side is my heat light, set at a tilt. There's a great video around here somewhere about how to set up the PERFECT Jackson's enclosure :)

Back
Top Bottom