First Chameleon and His My First Cage Setup.

Layde3cupid

Hey, I just recently purchased a baby blue bar ambilobe panther chameleon and i really just writing this forum to get some kind of feed back on the things I'm doing and where i might need to change some things. I also have pictures below.
My panther is 3 months old. All that I've been feeding him is crickets lightly dusted every other day with Rapshy SuperCal MedD. I feed him everyday 10-15 small crickets. He usually eats all but might leave 1 or two crickets. I read on another forum that i should dust him also with a mineral all so that he could receive extra vitamins for his skin and bones. But i was wondering if these same vitamins that are located in the gut load of the crickets? Im currently gut loading with Nature Zone Total Bites? I keep his basking area temp. Between 85-95 degrees. And the average temp of his cage would be from anywhere between 75-90 degrees. The humidity is between 50- 60 degrees. I tried putting a wet towel on top to try and create more humidity. This has help in raising it a few degrees. I'm currently waiting on my ficus plant thats coming in the mail. So i know i need to work on his humidity. I honestly think the temp changes because i have an ac installed for the summer. So it goes on and off. He doesn't show much color but i do see a faint blue, green, red, grey, and brown sometimes. But I've noticed that he's pretty much has been this deep or dark grey with a white stripe and deep black dots. I have been wondering if this was due to the fact that he might be stressed out do to his new environment.

Please if you have any feedback please let me know i would be happy to hear all of your opinions. Thankyou.

Layde3Cupid.

Im trying to but it wont let me.:( probably because im doing it off of my phone. Ill put it on my avatar. I have a question should i dust with mineral all as well?

Im trying to but it wont let me.:( probably because im doing it off of my phone. Ill put it on my avatar. I have a question should i dust with mineral all as well?

Use these things:

Calcium dust (NO D3) every day

Calcium dust (WITH D3) 2 times monthly

Multi vitamin 2 times monthly.

If the products you have are filling those requirements, then yes, use them.

Thankyou soo much you have helped me big time. I was dusting with D3 it could of ended up toxic if you didnt tell me this. Thanks you soo much again.

You're welcome!

You are correct if you dust TOO much d3 (all the time without regulating) it becomes dangerous.

I am glad you are aware now.

Also how to attach pictures. When you go to post a reply, there is a paper clip button above where you type next to the fonts and sizes. Click that and select the file on the computer and it will show up.

Back
Top Bottom