First attempted Parsonii breeding

WOW! sweet! one small step for man, one small step for cham-kind. :D best of luck and keep us updated. if you dont im certain you know of the rant that will follow.:D

Hi,
I have never posted on this forum, but am not new to the parsonii's.
There is a good chance you will never see mating unless you have camera's on the cages. Look for very small black punctures on the females back and tail. They will be caused by the male and tell you if he has mounted her or not. I don't know if you knew this already, but here you go.
Good luck.. (I am 1 year ahead on you, but not in the US)

Jasper

Hi,
I have never posted on this forum, but am not new to the parsonii's.
There is a good chance you will never see mating unless you have camera's on the cages. Look for very small black punctures on the females back and tail. They will be caused by the male and tell you if he has mounted her or not. I don't know if you knew this already, but here you go.
Good luck.. (I am 1 year ahead on you, but not in the US)

Jasper

Meaning you have eggs? Or you have had some of yours breed?

@Chuck- Any action so far?

Yes, 38 eggs incubating for 6 months now. There were over 60 to begin with, but a lot went bad the first 2 weeks. The rest is growing and doing well, but with parsonii it only counts when they hatch! Things often go bad in the last weeks or days...

Good luck! Just curious...you've had parsonii for a good while from what I remember, so have they just never shown interest in each other or you simply never attempted breeding?

Yes, 38 eggs incubating for 6 months now. There were over 60 to begin with, but a lot went bad the first 2 weeks. The rest is growing and doing well, but with parsonii it only counts when they hatch! Things often go bad in the last weeks or days...

Very cool. Did you open the dead eggs up to see if there was anything in them? And 1/4 done! Lol good luck!

Back
Top Bottom