First and new baby panther

Rosco

Hey everyone, I wanted to shout out that I finally got my baby ambilobe panther. I'm hoping it's a he, and he's roughly 2-3inches long so it's still very difficult to tell the sex. The little guys name is Turco and has been lovin the top area of the enclosure. I got him yesterday so I haven't gotten to see his personality yet. He hasn't gone down in the vegetation really and likes crawling up in the heat where it's about 90 at basking point. Is this okay, I'm like a overworried mother. Here's a quick video of the enclosure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojt8yOOp0Sw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Let me know what you all think and any suggestions is appreciated.

90 is a little hot for the basking but ok. I know the Kammers of KAmmerflage Kreations bask their young ones at about that temp. I got my cham from them. I see you are in California, did you get yours from them? If you see him holding his mouth open then I would lower the temp down a little. You have the UVB light and a seperate basking right? BTW Welcome to the forums!!!

Hi Rosco! Your going to have so much fun with him!! I have had mine about 3 weeks and he runs my life! (and I wish I was kidding!) They are amazing little creatures!! Quick question...where did you get those vines?! They are very cool and I think Claude might need some....

Ho Rosco, I wanted to let you know that the saucer under the plant will fill with water and your little doll will drown. That standing water is also a breeding ground for bacteria, not a good thing. You have such a cutie you need him to be safe.:)

Hi Rosco! Your going to have so much fun with him!! I have had mine about 3 weeks and he runs my life! (and I wish I was kidding!) They are amazing little creatures!! Quick question...where did you get those vines?! They are very cool and I think Claude might need some....
Ditto on those vines - did you make them like that or purchase them? Very cool!

You gotta laugh! i had to watch the video 4 times before i saw him/her :D lovely little guy/doll. (shudda gone to specsavers) :eek:

i beleave that the vines they used are fluckers vines they are flexible and come in diferent sizes. looks like they used half inch and 1/4 inch vines and just wraped them together i like them to looks like it took some time. congrats i get my first panther tommorrow..... its hard to sleep im just too excited

also i would leave the saucer there but put some rocks in it so that there is no chance that the little guy could drown. dont sweat too much about it creating bacteria cause tat plant should suck the water up fairly quick. just make sure to clean it often and it should also help with humidity

Thanks for all the welcomes and replies. Yea I have a uv light and 2 light/heat lamps, so 3 lights all together but in 1 fixture. I angle the lights and turn on how many depending on weather. The branches are a large and medium flukers bend a branch with small ones wrapped around it. I dry out the pot holder every time I mist to avoid bacteria and drowning but I'll get some rocks soon to avoid that.

I bought the little guy from lllreptile but I went to the Oceanside location, rather than ordering online.

My Cham has rubbed his eyes on a fake branch a few times as to wipe them. Is this a bad sign?

My Cham has rubbed his eyes on a fake branch a few times as to wipe them. Is this a bad sign?

depends on alot of variables. i would just watch it for a few days and if you see it getting more frequent. fill out the form in the health clinic if you are still worried.

im in so cal too!!

I have a new reptisun 5.0 bulb and it's about 8 inches from the highest point in the enclosure. Your in so cal, very cool and where abouts. I see there is slot of people fairly close by. And I will definitely be watching his eye but I think he's wiping water off because he seems to do it after misting.

Back
Top Bottom