Firing up while basking?

andrearamirezo91

Avid Member
I was walking around the house doing some chores when I walked by the room where my cham’s cage is and I saw that he was all fired up from far away. He didn’t have his really bright angry colors but his body was all poofed up. He started getting really skinny again when I approached the cage, which he always does.

Is this normal behavior or could something possibly be stressing him?

I'm not a panther owner but mine changes from dark heat absorbing colors to lighter brighter colors as he finishes basking. Then he does a patrol of his cage and returns to more relaxed coloration along the way.
Just make sure he isn't catching his reflection somewhere.

My veiled does this all the time. I'll walk in and he will be puffed up, beard and all, but his colors are relaxed. He always looks startled when I catch him like this lol. He'll react to me walking in then quickly deflate or fire up his angry colors. Thats usually how I gauge his mood at the time lol

Okay good! Thank you both for taking your time to reply :) He was recently very stressed because my baby cousins had to stay over for about a month. He was not used to all the commotion and basically didn't eat for a good three weeks. Just wanted to make sure this was normal :)

Back
Top Bottom