Finished the interior of my new cage

jasimmons86

I built this cage last week, and yesterday i went ahead and decorated the interior with fake plants.
This cage is for my male veiled, he isn't quite big enough for the cage but in a couple months he will be.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 287
I would watch out with all those bright flowers in there. He may not like it and be a very unhappy cham.

I would reduce some of the vines just a little bit and stick a live plant. Maybe a Ficus or Umbrella Tree. It really helps with water, oxygen and your cham will love it. He may even eat some of the leaves from time to time.

Yea i never really understood why people are concerned about bright colors being in a cage with a chameleon, especially since nature would be unforgiving with all sorts of colors.

and i was thinking, people told me not to put my chameleon in my new cage till he is bigger, since it would be harder for him to find his food.
That got me thinking, when a chameleon hatches in the wild, he/she is hatched into this great big world, how do they find food then. There mother isnt around to help them get food, the mother just lays the eggs and leaves them for good.
how is it that the baby chameleon in the wild can survive, but people say a captive 2 month old cant find food in a 2x2x5 foot cage?

I'm really curious

Yea i never really understood why people are concerned about bright colors being in a cage with a chameleon, especially since nature would be unforgiving with all sorts of colors.

and i was thinking, people told me not to put my chameleon in my new cage till he is bigger, since it would be harder for him to find his food.
That got me thinking, when a chameleon hatches in the wild, he/she is hatched into this great big world, how do they find food then. There mother isnt around to help them get food, the mother just lays the eggs and leaves them for good.
how is it that the baby chameleon in the wild can survive, but people say a captive 2 month old cant find food in a 2x2x5 foot cage?

I'm really curious
i agree with the curious about the flowers.... i've had hibiscus and camelias in several of ours and they have very large bright blooms...never seemed to cause a problem...

the other...i get the concept...though, the problem is....how many of the "majority" of us are dealing direclty with WC chams? i know some people do, but in a generalized answer, the problem is that typically we're referring to CB chams...all of which were probably at least 2-3 months old, if not older, when purchased.... therefore, imo, it's kinda like domesticating an animal.... how many times have you heard that animals in captivity would not survive in natural habitats? most of us have a pretty routine system for providing water and food. now, granted, just having a bigger cage doesn't necessarily mean they can't find food because it also depends on the other things in the enclosure and hiding spots for feeders.... but, depending on the routine food delivery the chams have been started on, it may be more difficult due to a less developed instinct for hunting or whatnot....

just a thot... ;)

Back
Top Bottom