Finished Beauty!

That is so very nice and you can see all the hard work and planning that went into the build. Looks fantastic!!

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. I'm sure your panthers love it!

Thanks! I'm hoping they do! So far they seem to be peachy.

That is so very nice and you can see all the hard work and planning that went into the build. Looks fantastic!!

Thanks Carol. I'm very jelous of that cham that you have for your avatar. I saw your "All the colors of the rainbow" picture. That is the most colorful panther I've ever seen. I saw a few comments that indicated that it's a Kammer cham, is that correct? If so, is that an ambilobe? It looks like it is either an Ambilobe or a morph-cross.

Any more detailed pics of misting system and drainage?

Samm,

I'll be putting together a video in the next few days that will show all the details. Unfortunately the draining system is underneath, so I cant show it. However, it's very simple. All it is, is a piece of plasting I bought in the "Bathroom" section of home depot, cut and fit in some grooves I cut in the wood, and glued in with silicon.

Here's what I did:

On the bottom 1" of the 3/4" x 11-3/4" x 48" planters box boards, I cut some small grooves with a skil saw. I clamped a piece of wood to the board I was cutting to use as a guide so that they grooves were straight.

These grooves were only about 1/8" deep and as wide as the saw blade. I angled the grooves so that it would create a downhill drain.

So basically, from the left side I cut a groove, sloping "down hill" starting 1" above the base of the board and going to the right side, reaching the bottom of the board 3/4 of the way to the right. I cut a second groove from the right side going to the left so that one piece would overlap another, creating a single draining point in the middle.

I then cut the plastic pieces to fit in perfectly, and glued them in with silicon calk.

Here's a picture of the grooves:

Now all you need to do is start a business!

Your enclosure is seriously awesome and your boys are adorable :)

Haha - Thanks Olivia. I wrote you back on that toenail issue.

As far as starting a business, lol, I just don't think it would be worth my time. Chameleons are for pleasure for me ;) I've probably got over $2000 in materials with this cage. Not to mention all the tools I had to purchase to build it. If my wife new....lol....I'd be in trouble, lol.

That's a very nice cage!:):):) I want one:D

Thanks!

Amazing, great job. That's what I've been wanting and saying I'll build for years now, but you actually did build it! :D

Beautiful enclosures! Looks like all that time and hard work paid off, your chams also look very happy:D

Back
Top Bottom