Finding a good generator

Lamour

I want to be prepared for any power outages with the upcoming fall and winter weather. Does anyone know of a good indoor generator or long lasting battery backup?

I've tried looking through the internet but all generators I see need to go outside and any battery backups only last a few minutes.

My veiled cham is in the basement and has no access to a window unless he is brought outside. I wouldn't be able to leave his enclosure upstairs because my family has cats. I'm not worried about temperature changes without power that much. I just need something to power his lights if there is an outage.

I've never messed with indoor generators, but it looks like they're probably pretty expensive. An option may be a small propane heater that takes the small lantern style propane tanks.

Some precautions would be to not have it right next to or aimed at the cham's enclosure, and to crack a window to allow fresh air in. Most probably aren't to be used overnight. Depending on the construction of your basement, there should probably be enough thermal mass to keep a stable temperature overnight.

I've never heard of generators that can be used indoors. They're all burning fuels and emitting carbon monoxide. I think that the best option for you might be to purchase several smaller capacity battery backups if you can't locate a large capacity one.

I want to be prepared for any power outages with the upcoming fall and winter weather. Does anyone know of a good indoor generator or long lasting battery backup?

I've tried looking through the internet but all generators I see need to go outside and any battery backups only last a few minutes.

My veiled cham is in the basement and has no access to a window unless he is brought outside. I wouldn't be able to leave his enclosure upstairs because my family has cats. I'm not worried about temperature changes without power that much. I just need something to power his lights if there is an outage.

Do not, i repeat do not get an indoor generator. Toxic fumes can kill you in minutes. Check out Washington Air Compressor Rental Co., it's our family business, renting out rental equiptment and generators. Our locations are in Frederick, Chantilly, Rockville, Washington D.C., and in
Hyattsville MD. Chechk out washair.com to see our generators.

I've never messed with indoor generators, but it looks like they're probably pretty expensive. An option may be a small propane heater that takes the small lantern style propane tanks.

Some precautions would be to not have it right next to or aimed at the cham's enclosure, and to crack a window to allow fresh air in. Most probably aren't to be used overnight. Depending on the construction of your basement, there should probably be enough thermal mass to keep a stable temperature overnight.

Yep! A propane heater is probably best. They will have a bit of an odor, and the larger tanks should not be stored inside your apartment, but by opening a window a bit for fresh air, you should be O.K.

Sandy

Hurricane Sandy kepty me out of power for 10 hours today. Had to buy a propane tank and heater to keep my babies warm......

Make sure there is plenty of air flow!!!! The gases can be Fatal and you wont see it coming.

Back
Top Bottom