FINALLY some movement in the industry

Finally, our prayers have been heard and the first movement within the industry is a fact. After seeing a certain interview, I got that gut feeling @DeremensisBlue has something to do with it??
Now only ditching the old death trap kit from the assortment and supplying the new one with an XL cage and a big achievement is accomplishied.

https://zoomed.com/deluxe-reptibreeze-chameleon-kit/
The new "kit" has been out for awhile now although I have only seen one one the shelf. DeremensisBlue told us after the big reptile expo in Cali.

There have been a couple people that are talking to zoo-med that produce the chameleon kit and the chain pet stores that carry the chameleon kit it in depth on a corporate level about changing it….the change is in the works, I’m not giving any names, after it’s changed I will….not an easy task, the ignorant corporate A-holes are stubborn

There have been a couple people that are talking to zoo-med that produce the chameleon kit and the chain pet stores that carry the chameleon kit it in depth on a corporate level about changing it….the change is in the works, I’m not giving any names, after it’s changed I will….not an easy task, the ignorant corporate A-holes are stubborn
That's good to hear. Different books and chameleon care should at these locations too.

This cage is still seriously under furnished but at least they are trying. It doesn't say what length the T5 is but it looks very short on the front of the box but full size in the little picture. Worst of all they are selling this as a cage for a parson's. Two vines and one plant won't make it look like the picture on the box but at least is shows what it should look more correctly set up.

Finally, our prayers have been heard and the first movement within the industry is a fact. After seeing a certain interview, I got that gut feeling @DeremensisBlue has something to do with it??
Now only ditching the old death trap kit from the assortment and supplying the new one with an XL cage and a big achievement is accomplishied.

https://zoomed.com/deluxe-reptibreeze-chameleon-kit/
Unfortunately, this is actually only the 36” cage. So it is a couple steps in the right direction, but it still falls short of being what it should be. The biggest victory here is that ZooMed actually responded to the pressure from the hobbyist community. The marketing is still incorrect as this is now an acceptable kit for carpet chameleons, but not adult panther, veiled, Jackson’s, or, especially not, parsons.

This cage is still seriously under furnished but at least they are trying. It doesn't say what length the T5 is but it looks very short on the front of the box but full size in the little picture. Worst of all they are selling this as a cage for a parson's. Two vines and one plant won't make it look like the picture on the box but at least is shows what it should look more correctly set up.
Fully agree on that, but it´s one discussion/ battle less that we need to fight, linear vs coil!
Unfortunately, this is actually only the 36” cage. So it is a couple steps in the right direction, but it still falls short of being what it should be. The biggest victory here is that ZooMed actually responded to the pressure from the hobbyist community. The marketing is still incorrect as this is now an acceptable kit for carpet chameleons, but not adult panther, veiled, Jackson’s, or, especially not, parsons.
Absolutely, there´s still so much work to do for them and not I´m not praising this kit either, but it´s small step and it looks like someone is starting to listen.

I am trying to be optimistic about PetSmart starting to make positive changes in the products that they carry being more appropriate and current for reptiles. They almost seem to care about providing the needed options for the animals to have proper care.
I purchased the pet store recommended kit, it was mostly wrong. I returned as much as I could and have not made another purchase from the pet store. They had me purchase calcium w/D3 and Reptivite w/D3.

I purchased the pet store recommended kit, it was mostly wrong. I returned as much as I could and have not made another purchase from the pet store. They had me purchase calcium w/D3 and Reptivite w/D3.
Same thing happened to me. They said I needed a heat rock and a fountain and a lot of fake plants too

Oh no! You can’t give both! You should have a plain calcium with no d3 that you use every feeding then give the reptivite with d3 either once or twice a month depending on the species of chameleon.

Oh no! You can’t give both! You should have a plain calcium with no d3 that you use every feeding then give the reptivite with d3 either once or twice a month depending on the species of chameleon.
Yes, I was about to overdose my Cham on D3. Luckily, during my Husbandry Review someone noticed both supplements contained D3, and gave me advice on supplements.

Back
Top Bottom