Finally quadricornis eggs!!

BelgiumLizard said:
Jack, I will cross my fingers for your clutch!
Lett us hope that your eggs are still okay.

Do you know the humidity from your vermiculite or the weight from the box(with vermiculite and eggs) when you started the incubation process?

Best regards,
Tom

Tom i didn't see your post! anyway i mixed water and vermiculite with a 1:1 ration.. i don't remember exatcly the weight of these two parts..

Anyway your's fingers crossed was helpfull!!! Yesterday the first two babies are hatched and a third is coming out!!! I'm super happy and i don't still believe it!! thanks to all for your suggestion and your help il these months!! Here we are the first pics...

And again other eggs!!! i've found tonight 15 eggs and now i'll try to use a little different incubation system.. hope to have an higher number of babies this time!! ;)

From 18 eggs i had:
- 3 bad
- 5 hatched
- 10 with developed babies that didn't managed to break the egg :(

And after two months from the mating of my quadricornis pair i found these in the female terrarium :D

17 eggs, one less than the other 2 deposition but it's a great result too! i've changed something in the incubation (less humidity and lower temperatures) and i hope to have an higher ratio of baby born! i will update as soon as possible ;)

Hey, well done on getting babies :) - I hope it's even better this time - I love Quads especially, but never had one....

wow good for you, i am going to be trying to breed my quads as soon as my lil girls are grown.

Why less humidity?

I've heard of at the end of incubation adding water to the incubation medium to increase pressure inside the eggs and stimulate hatching. However, in my own experience, adding water towards the end hasn't brought hatching any earlier.

Can anyone share their experience? Any species is fine to share.

I've decided to use a lower % of humidity at the beginning of the incubation because i had some problem with the eggs i had before.. before i used a 2:1 water-vermiculite ratio but now i'm trying with 1:1! You're right about adding water at the end of the incubation anyway, it should help the baby born..

Back
Top Bottom