Finally, my first chameleon!!

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I would like everyone to meet my new panther chameleon, Pesto! He is about 3 months old and a super curious and active boy. I picked him up today from Billy at Colorado Chameleons, he is brother to @CamoChameleonsHuman s boy Blue!
The first 2 pictures are in his new home, the other 2 were when we were picking him out. I already offered him a cricket just to calm him down and he took it from me immediately!

Attachments

• 20190418_162624.jpg
    20190418_162624.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 20190418_161943.jpg
    20190418_161943.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 388
  • 20190418_143427.jpg
    20190418_143427.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 20190418_143044.jpg
    20190418_143044.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 365
Looks like weve got a climber. Good thing I raised my basking bulb up, as recommended! Do I need to raise my quad fixture also, or does that not give off enough heat to be concerned?

Attachments

• 20190418_170552.jpg
    20190418_170552.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 243
Looks like weve got a climber. Good thing I raised my basking bulb up, as recommended! Do I need to raise my quad fixture also, or does that not give off enough heat to be concerned?
Mine did that the first hour too too funny! No your quad light doesn't give off enough heat and raising it would defeat its purpose. Just raise your basking light. I did as well as switching to a 50w. Baby's don't need it too warm

Mine did that the first hour too too funny! No your quad light doesn't give off enough heat and raising it would defeat its purpose. Just raise your basking light. I did as well as switching to a 50w. Baby's don't need it too warm
I honestly dont remember what wattage I got for mine :notworthy: I have it raised over 6in off the enclosure so it should be ok?? If I noticed anything I'll grab a new bulb asap!

I honestly dont remember what wattage I got for mine :notworthy: I have it raised over 6in off the enclosure so it should be ok?? If I noticed anything I'll grab a new bulb asap!
If you haven't grabbed one yet pick up a infrared thermometer. As long as he's not above 80-85 at this age he's golden.

Day 1 update! He is still nervous in his new home. He has taken 4 feeders from me (with feeding tongs) and hunted down a loose cricket on his own! He has spent just about 100% of his time here on the roof of the enclosure :rolleyes: on my day off tomorrow I'm going to see about adding some more branches higher up so maybe he will get off the top. I'm hoping by this weekend he will feel more comfortable and eat some more!
P.s. how do you all cope with how dang CUTE they are when they sleep???

Day 1 update! He is still nervous in his new home. He has taken 4 feeders from me (with feeding tongs) and hunted down a loose cricket on his own! He has spent just about 100% of his time here on the roof of the enclosure :rolleyes: on my day off tomorrow I'm going to see about adding some more branches higher up so maybe he will get off the top. I'm hoping by this weekend he will feel more comfortable and eat some more!
P.s. how do you all cope with how dang CUTE they are when they sleep???

when my girl goes to bed, i find myself constantly (and quietly!) peeking through the sheet to watch her sleep. like shes my newborn baby or something LOL

Back
Top Bottom