Finally Joined the Club

JoshD49

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello Guys,

I finally got my little guy. His name is Camulus and I could not be happier. I got him from a local shop that my friends go to for their reptiles (I know shame...Sorry). I visited him several times over the past couple of weeks and he was eating and very active. He is a little dark in the picture but once he is in the cage he is ok. The guy said he is 2 months but I think he is 3 months but you guys will know better. So far at home he has eaten a couple of crickets and looks like he is about to shed soon.

I am so happy to finally have this little guy since I have done all the setup and had all the help from this forum its awesome to see it come together. Now for the bonding and keeping him happy.

Thanks to all the people who helped me get here and I look forward to learning more and being a very active member with you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_131541.jpg
    IMG_20180720_131541.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 96
Yeah I defiantly did not buy him from a big store. I just know a breeder is best but this little guy looked very healthy and the store owner was very knowledgeable and keeps a pair of his own.

Yeah I defiantly did not buy him from a big store. I just know a breeder is best but this little guy looked very healthy and the store owner was very knowledgeable and keeps a pair of his own.

Congrats on getting your new little guy. Hes looking good. Lots of smaller local pet shops will often get reptiles from local breeders. or people who breed once and have trouble selling the babies themselves. so they are usually kept in better conditions then the big chain stores. All the small pet shops I have been to while maybe having some questionable practices seem to have way better setups then the 12x12 box that chain stores use.

What a cutie!!! I love his stripes !!!

:love::love: Good luck with him, and with the wife!! :p

The stripes are why I fell in love with him. The other male in the cage was plain green but this guys stripes were awesome.

Yeah about the wife. Surprisingly she is doing ok. I just keep the crickets outside and have got to be very careful not to let any he doesn't eat escape the cage.

Congrats on getting your new little guy. Hes looking good. Lots of smaller local pet shops will often get reptiles from local breeders. or people who breed once and have trouble selling the babies themselves. so they are usually kept in better conditions then the big chain stores. All the small pet shops I have been to while maybe having some questionable practices seem to have way better setups then the 12x12 box that chain stores use.

That was the other thing I looked at was the cages were tall mesh cages and they had separate setups for each species they have. They will also board him for me when I go out of town for work which the wife was thrilled about.

That was the other thing I looked at was the cages were tall mesh cages and they had separate setups for each species they have. They will also board him for me when I go out of town for work which the wife was thrilled about.

Hmm I’m not sure about boarding a chameleon. I would think it would be to stressful for them to be moved to a new environment for a week or few days. It would be an interesting conversation I haven’t seen on here yet though.

When I talked to people on here before it would be considered a last resort which is what it will be for me. I have a friend that said he will stop by if im gone. I should have been more clear that I would only board it if there was no way I had someone to come by.

I know he is new and probably still a little stressed but should he be eating a lot already? He only eats a couple so far the first couple of days. He kinda looks like he is gonna shed so that might have to do with it. Should I try other foods other then crickets?

Back
Top Bottom