Finally I have got some Pygmy chameleons!!

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've finally got 2 pygs after months of searching- had to share the photos with you all,. I'm really hoping they are male and female, they are cb,- I will be getting two more soon so I can split these if necessary- I already have the next viv so I can hopefully pair them up with the next two if I'm wrong on these.- but please do tell me what you think.
Dorsal crest- tail length and thickness? the male ( the one I think is a male-yellowy sides) has quite a lot of colour - more than i thought it would,
There's two pics of the 'female' by the way, they are in a bio active viv, planted and seeded with springs- I've seen them both drink so hoping they will be o.k and happy.
I'm charmed by them, never had them before, They seem quite active and look nicely hydrated.

Many thanks guys, There's ficus, normal and creeping, broms palms etc, 6% uv and jungle dawns, plenty of cover, bioactive too,with springs and yay- i finally got some tropical woodlice too. They've been drinking alot so I'm pleased about that- not seen them eat but only had them 5 hours so LOL a bit early to tell! They were going in the full 36" long viv but the shop had two'pairs' ( hoping they are anyway so I've divided the viv in half) , still plenty of room though. Thanks for your comments.

Good news Tabitha!! Glad you were able to get your little pygs.

I hope you have good luck with them and I know they like their new environment! Well done!

Hi Joel thanks ever so much, I'm delighted with them, love my photo, can really get to see their beauty that you can't see with the naked eye. Now the usual worry sets in whenever you get a new animal- will they settle , will they be o.k!? Haven't forgotten the thing I'm sending you- will be soon!
Question to all though- any views on what sex they are?? Would love to know so I can work out pairings. They are so different in body shapes-am I seeing on the ' male' second pic or can one see with this species hemipenal bulges? I'm a beginner here with these,
Cheers to you all.

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with them, and thanks Joel, I'm so pleased you say they are a pair, I'm collecting the other pair today so I'll post pics of them too.
These are from a different source, the other pygs and meru were up north, I was going to get areptile courier until I realised they would of been in transit for 48hrs + travelling16 hrs a day, I couldn't put them though that so cancelled. Shame.i thought it would be overnight, next day delivery.
Little Newt has just shed!

Back
Top Bottom