Finally gravid!

Kiwiflage

Established Member
So I had my female in the cage with my male veiled about 4 days ago. She seemed receptive even though she was very round... Yesterday I put her in and she turned gravid colors! She's definitely got a very noticeable pooch near her vent and looks really close to laying to me. I find it odd that she was still mating when she was gravid. Any thoughts on the subject?

She was also pacing the bottom of her cage, but I have a box of Eco earth ready for her to lay in that she just ignores... Could it be that she's picky enough on her lay medium to risk being egg bound?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 118
Just get a bucket or tub of sand, make it wet, but not completely muddy, and put it next to a tree or branch near the bottom in a corner away from the light and let her go to down. It needs to be wet enough that when she digs a hole the hole stays intact but not wet enough that her feet get stuck in it like quicksand.

Just get a bucket or tub of sand, make it wet, but not completely muddy, and put it next to a tree or branch near the bottom in a corner away from the light and let her go to down. It needs to be wet enough that when she digs a hole the hole stays intact but not wet enough that her feet get stuck in it like quicksand.

Sand for sure, Ive tried a few others but find sand is perfect. I keep it in the females cage year round. I just think it helps that she is used to it being there. Congrats on the future eggs!

Back
Top Bottom