finally got my chams :D

ladizzlee

So i got my pair of blue bar ambilobe panthers yesterday and i built their cage and i left them alonee.

Today i decidedd to feed them and the little male ate but not the female, so i told myself. "I'll just try later"

I went to the cage later on that day and i see the male hissing and opening his mouth to the female! And now all she does it stay on the bottom of the cage and sitt on a tree while the male has the top of the cagee. )8

Oh and by the way the male is 1 month and the female is 2 months old.

Now i wanted to known, i wont be able to get another cage and evertything til wednesday, do you think she'll make it til wednesday?

I dont know if shes drinking water or not.

Could you possibly put a divider on the cage up until you get the new one on wednesday? Generally chameleons like to live alone.

for now I would fill this out to for further help.

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

i want a chamolean.

hello
i so much love with chamoleans and trying hard to buy someone but i cant bcaz i live in pakistan and there are properly not avilaible any reptile pet besicly a few people in whole country they know about chamolean well i am a student and i have no enough money to buy online any chamolean.i want to buy a baby chamolean from any person who want to sell his/her pet personaly last thing i have maximum 40$ plz help me........
[email protected]

So i got my pair of blue bar ambilobe panthers yesterday and i built their cage and i left them alonee.

Today i decidedd to feed them and the little male ate but not the female, so i told myself. "I'll just try later"

I went to the cage later on that day and i see the male hissing and opening his mouth to the female! And now all she does it stay on the bottom of the cage and sitt on a tree while the male has the top of the cagee. )8

Oh and by the way the male is 1 month and the female is 2 months old.

Now i wanted to known, i wont be able to get another cage and evertything til wednesday, do you think she'll make it til wednesday?

I dont know if shes drinking water or not.

The one month old could use a baby bin (rubber maid type tub) until Wed. One month old is really a young baby. Have you had any experience with keeping chameleons before? I'm going to attach a link to my blog for new keepers.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Last edited:
Depending on how wide your cage is you could put the divider in vertically. That way both sides get light.

* Your Chameleon - i have a pair of blue bar ambilobes Ron and Hermione.
* Handling - not alot, i just got them yesterday.
* Feeding - im feeding them small crickets. The male ate 8 crickets and the female didn't seem interested. Im planning on feeding around 1pm everyday. I havent been able to gutload them.
* Supplements - today was the first time i fed them and i decided to do a d3 calcium today. It was reptical i think.
* Watering - i have a mister that i do by hand. Well today i misted them 3 times. 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. I've only seen the male drink, not the female.
* Fecal Description - no poop yet but i did see some snow white urates in the cage today.
* History - i know nothing about these chameleons past.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - i have a reptibreeze medium.
* Lighting - i have the 10.0 uvb light and a 50 watt basking light on them.
* Temperature - i dont know the temps yet.
* Humidity - i dont know the humidity levels yet.
* Plants - all fake plants
* Placement - its in a room that no one uses. The only high traffic area is the kitchen which is in the next room. The top of the cage is about 5 feet.
* Location - im in miami, fl.

* Feeding - im feeding them small crickets. The male ate 8 crickets and the female didn't seem interested. Im planning on feeding around 1pm everyday. I havent been able to gutload them.
* Supplements - today was the first time i fed them and i decided to do a d3 calcium today. It was reptical i think.
* Watering - i have a mister that i do by hand. Well today i misted them 3 times. 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. I've only seen the male drink, not the female.
* Fecal Description - no poop yet but i did see some snow white urates in the cage today.

Cage Info:

* Placement - its in a room that no one uses. The only high traffic area is the kitchen which is in the next room. The top of the cage is about 5 feet.

Check out my blog for new keepers. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...ung-veiled-panther-chameleons.html#comment613

Cage Info:

I am a little grumpy, but WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GETTING 2 VERY YOUNG CHAMS AND NOT KNOWING YOUR TEMPERATURES? Baby Panthers are not the easiest at any rate. And, why did you get 2? Were you not aware that you should not be housing them together? You absolutely need to get a digital thermometer with a probe today. For that size cage you do not need a 10.0 UVB, and I certainly hope it is NOT a compact bulb-they can cause severe eye issues. A 5.0 linear tube is what you need, and it sounds like you will need 2 of everything. Jann's suggestion is perfect, you can get a smaller plastic tote to house that 1 month old in. Line the bottom with paper towels, put some fake plants on the bottom, and place the UVB accross the top. Check your temps and if one side of the tote is 80 degree you are good to go. Here in FL, you really do not need to obsess about humidity. It is pretty perfect naturally. Also-you need a calcium without D3, You will dust with that 5X a week, and then at this age you can use the D3 2X monthly. You will also need a multivite like Herptivite or Reptivite that you will use 2X monthly at this age. Gutload with dark leafy greens, sweet potatoes, some carrots, fruits, etc. A 1 month old Panther eats very small crickets, so your female may not be eating because the insects are too big.
It is certainly my intention to help and not chase you off, you are at the greatest place to get chameleon information, but you need to make these changes right away or you will not have live chams.
Pictures are worth a million words-do you have any you can post of your cage and animals?

So i wouldnt be able to take them in the shower with me?

You should never take chams in the shower WITH YOU. Yours are far too young to consider showering at any rate. If you keep them well hydrated, there is no need to put them in the shower.

I would suggest that you take these two back to the breeder and let the breeder keep them for you until you research how to care for them and get properly setup. The breeder should be able to keep them alive. Young panthers like this are very hard to keep alive even when you have experience.

I would suggest that you take these two back to the breeder and let the breeder keep them for you until you research how to care for them and get properly setup. The breeder should be able to keep them alive. Young panthers like this are very hard to keep alive even when you have experience.
I agree with Jann and Julirs. You took on quite a task taking on TWO chameleons, and especially with them being so young.

I've had chameleons before. I got them both and now im waiting til wednesday cause the place i work at which is also a place i take care of chameleons hasnt gotten the shipment of goods yet. I know what im doing with the calcium and the lights and i dont check temps cause i dont have any type of thing to vheck it with. As i've said before i have to get everything on wednesday. The one month old is eating and drinking, why wouldnt the two month old eat the smaller crickets that the one month old is eating. I know its probably about stress .

Now when you say put it in a tupperware, how is it supposed to get heat? And the tupperwares i have to feed my snakes in are like 7" tall. So how would that even work without burning the cham.

and i didn't mean like take them in the shower with me. I just wanted to know if it was safe to take them in the shower if i have a water softener.

And you know guys, i dont know the exact age, im just taking a wild guess. The male is the size of my thumb and the female is just like a little bigger.

And when i got the chams i looked at the cage after a couple of hrs and i sAw that they both had orangy urates. Thats why i was asking about the shower. But i do mist them 3 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom