finally got my chams :D

I am not trying to be argumentative, but if you have had chameleons before you would seriously know about the importance of temperatures. Wed is 4 days from now and a 1 month old, or even a 2 month old could crash before then. Stress alone kills. You can put lighting on a plastic tote just like you can a screen cage. They make plastic totes of every size imaginable. Wal Mart makes a 20 quart Sterlite tote that is perfect.

And when i got the chams i looked at the cage after a couple of hrs and i sAw that they both had orangy urates. Thats why i was asking about the shower. But i do mist them 3 times a day.

They are too young to take in the shower.

Here's how I keep babies.

babies043010108.jpg

I still think it would be best for the babies to stay with the breeder for at least another month. Panther babies are so hard to keep alive. If you insist on keeping them they need the proper set up now. They probably want make it until Wednesday without it.

And i have 2 uvb lights in my house. One is for the chameleons and ones for the bearded dragon that i have. How do i go about swtching the uvb light for the chameleons? Like if i put it in the tankk?a

I would not use the 5 gallon, the tote will ensure a little better airflow. You are aware that UVB lights go bad after about 6 months-they will still light up but will not put out UVB. I did not see where you answered the question about compact UVB-these are the kind that screw into a clamp lamp. These are often dangerous for chameleons.
Is there a reason you cannot go get correct supplies prior to Wednesday? You really do not have 4 days to get this right-it needs to be done now.

i am ladizzles boyfriend, the temps are no higher than 82* (basking area) and no lower than 73* (everywhere else in cage and at night) which is perfectly fine, the uvb lights are new so theres no problem there. we have the cal w/d3 and w/o d3 and herptitive all from reptical. we gave it d3 since it was the first time we gave them anything just to make sure they got some in incase they werent getting before. their conditions are fine the only prob is the stress and we were just wondering if it would be too much stress.

they arent compact uvb bulbs they are linear bulbs.

I agree with Juli. Go buy a 4.00 plastic tote from Walmart. If your worried about escape buy a roll of screen for the top. Put your vine and plants in the tote and get a cheap fixture for the time being from walmart they sell some for about 10-12 dollars remove the plastic cover and install a 5.0 uvb linear bulb. For about 20.00 plus teh cost of the additional bulb you have yourself a baby cage til you can get something better done the road. Petsmart and Petco are open 7 days a week so you can get another bulb for the extra cage anytime. Dont wait til Wed if that is a 1 month baby he aint going to last long under stressful conditions.

Btw: who sold you a 1-2 month cham? I would never ship a baby that young! And I dont care if you have prior exp. I wouldnt release a baby til a minimum of 8-12 weeks to an exp forum member. Over 12 weeks if we are talking overnight shipping. That breeder isnt making the chams health the priority by shipping at that young an age. (If the chams are indeed that young. We have seen no pics.)

i am ladizzles boyfriend, the temps are no higher than 82* (basking area) and no lower than 73* (everywhere else in cage and at night) which is perfectly fine, the uvb lights are new so theres no problem there. we have the cal w/d3 and w/o d3 and herptitive all from reptical. we gave it d3 since it was the first time we gave them anything just to make sure they got some in incase they werent getting before. their conditions are fine the only prob is the stress and we were just wondering if it would be too much stress.

they arent compact uvb bulbs they are linear bulbs.

Good clarification jdmjames. It certainly could be too much stress and I would not risk it. Did you get a thermometer to ensure your temps?

yes i did thanks, and we have her in a tank with a uvb it should be finee theres plenty of space and the uvb light gives of just enough for her the male which is smaller is in the reptibreeze. btw the chams werent shipped.

They look good and healthy. Hard to tell how old they are since Panthers grow at such different rates.

we got them from the LPS (reptile&exotic animal shop) we hang out at, the owner got them from a breeder for us.

I am sure that is the right range. At any rate they look like they have gotten a good start. Get the rest of your supplies together and you should do well with them. Sorry I was a little grouchy earlier, it is my intention to help. We just see alot of people that do not intend to do the right thing, but it looks like you do.

I am sure that is the right range. At any rate they look like they have gotten a good start. Get the rest of your supplies together and you should do well with them. Sorry I was a little grouchy earlier, it is my intention to help. We just see alot of people that do not intend to do the right thing, but it looks like you do.

We all have our bad days! I know I've had my fair share and I'm sure there will be plenty more. :)

okay so i talked to the breeder cause he read this post and he told me hes going to lend me a screen cage til wednesday.
and he says its weird cause she was housed with him when they were with him and she was a very good eater and drank alot. so he says shes stressed to just put her in the new cage and see what happens.

So i separated my chameleons and their doing great now (8

Shes eating and drinkingg, finallyy. She ate like twenty something crickets today O.Olol

Back
Top Bottom