Finally got my Baby Veiled Yesterday

Matteo

After a little over a month of research and making sure my terrarium was right I finally picked up little Muhammad yesterday at my local reptile store.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon, 24hrs in my care.
Probably a little under or around 2 months.

Handling - Take him out every day to hangout in my hand and then let him roam on my bed for a little bit.

Feeding - At the moment I am feeding about 10 small crickets gutloaded with lettuce and other misc. veggies in my fridge blended up into a paste. Will start to use meal worms and super worms etc for variety when I head to the store again.

Supplements - Repti-cal without D3 every day, Repti-cal +D3 twice a month along with repti-cal multi vitamin.

Watering - Hand misting with a pressurized mister in the morning 9:30 for a good 3-4 minutes and again when I come home from class around 3:30, if I get a chance I will mist for about a minute an hour before the lights turn off (10:00pm).

Fecal Description - Haven't found any yet but will update when I do!

History - All I know is the reptile store got them in over a week ago and has been eating just fine. Was in a nice good sized screen cage. When they took him out he was very lively and of course a little grumpy. Yesterday after an hour in my setup he was already eating crickets and drinking water off the leaves.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 38x38x18in DIY screen cage, the screen on the sides, back and front are pet screen (good for nails) and on the top is hard cloth so light and heat is able to come through. The top is removable and the front is velcro removable. The bottom is rubber lined and has drainage spots for drip off.

Lighting - I am using 2 homedepot dome light fixtures the one on the left is a Zoomed 100 watt basking bulb and the one on the right is a 60watt plant bulb, in the front tiltled back a bit is a 24in coralife dual T5 (everyone calls them tube lights here, it's T5's or T8's) with a 6700k bulb and a Repitsun 5.0 UVB. 12 hours on 12hrs off.

Temperature - In the basking spot it usually is around 91 degrees, in the concentration of the plant bulb it is around 80. When you travel below the pothos the temp is around the 75's while at the bottom it is low 70s. I use a digital thermometer do not remember the brand.

Humidity - Humidity in the middle of the cage after misting is between 70-80% when I come home around 3:30 it is around high 50s- 60% and that is when I hand mist again. All my plants help along with where I live.

Plants - All of my plants are live and yes safe. Pothos, a wandering jew, croton, yucca, ficus, dracena, and something else I forgot the name of.

Placement - In the opposite corner of my door in my room, very light traffic because it is just me, no fan, window is sort of next to it but not facing it. The top of the enclosure is about eye level with me (5'11).

Location - Ashland Oregon, 15 miles north of California.

Just wanted to share everything and see what you all think! Always down for tips and advice!

Very Nice! Congrats on your new baby. :) Enclosure looks awesome and he should be very happy in there.

Congrats on that little cutie!

I would recommend gut loading with other greens besides lettuce. Lettuce has no nutritional value. Try collards, endive, mustard, kale and dandelion greens.

I would use a lower watt bulb for basking and get the temps down. I bask babies in the lower 80's and adult males in the upper 80's.

Here's my blog for how I have had success over the years raising veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Congrats on that little cutie!

I would recommend gut loading with other greens besides lettuce. Lettuce has no nutritional value. Try collards, endive, mustard, kale and dandelion greens.

I would use a lower watt bulb for basking and get the temps down. I bask babies in the lower 80's and adult males in the upper 80's.

Here's my blog for how I have had success over the years raising veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Alright sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom