Finally finished my first enclosure!

KLB8706

Finally finished my first enclosure for my future Panther I will be getting in a few weeks! Everything was built from the ground up. Everything was hand made even one of the pots! I think I need more vines so he can climb everywhere! Plants are on the left is a Hibiscus, right bottom is a Croton, and top is a Pothos. Please let me know what y'all think and what should be improved.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 253
Congrats so far.

Did anyone else notice the cham logo on the back wall? That's cool. You made that too?

I assume this is just a temporary cage until he grows out of it and you can transfer those plants into the bigger cage?

Thanks for the feedback! Yes definitely more vines. The dimensions are 36"wide 18"deep and 36" tall. Yes everything even the stones down to the Mayan style backdrop was hand made and painted. It took some time but I think it was definitely worth it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 174
Make sure that there is no space behind the Mayan center piece, because feeder insects will crawl behind it to hide/nest. If there is, caulk or grout around it.

Thanks Wambo, I'll check into that. I almost forgot to tell y'all the bottom of the cage is cement and sloped to a drain I added. So any excess water can drain out to a bucket underneath. Which this is the bottom stand for the enclosure. I built it out of reclaimed pallet wood and features a hidden door at the bottom.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for the feedback! Yes definitely more vines. The dimensions are 36"wide 18"deep and 36" tall. Yes everything even the stones down to the Mayan style backdrop was hand made and painted. It took some time but I think it was definitely worth it!
That is so cool! So what material is this made out of? I wouldn't even know where t begin something like that!

That is so cool! So what material is this made out of? I wouldn't even know where t begin something like that!

Thanks! It's mostly made from foam board insulation. Then grouted the whole thing to make it stiff and give it an actually rock feel to it. After that painted everything and sealed it. Just very time consuming because every rock was hand cut and sanded individually.

Thanks! It's mostly made from foam board insulation. Then grouted the whole thing to make it stiff and give it an actually rock feel to it. After that painted everything and sealed it. Just very time consuming because every rock was hand cut and sanded individually.
Crazy! Totally paid off, it looks amazing!

Just curious how long did this project take start to finish? It is amazing

Well I wasn't really in a rush because I like to do things the right way because they always turn out better lol. I'd say just making the stones took about two days. Grouting and painting about another 3-4 days because of having to let it dry. Cement bottom just a few hours. The frame of the cage about an hour or so if you got your plans set. And the bottom cabinet took only a few hours if your have to wood ready. So I'd say about a week to week and a half if you worked on it everyday for a few hours. Not bad when your committed lol

Back
Top Bottom