Finalized Cage For Veiled

MCSEB

HELLO EVERYONE!
Right now, I can't tell you how excited I am. Yesterday I put up a thread showing you guys how my cage was looking so far. I read everything you guys posted and I took it into consideration. One of the things I forgot to do was wash my branches and plants lol. So today, when I got home from work I got into that. I trimmed my plants, washed and rinsed them twice, washed my cage too just incase of anything. Then I washed my branches in hot water and with dish soap and I let them dry off for about 25 minutes.
The rest of my things came in today including more branches. I thought I would show you guys how my cage looks like right now. I am so happy with it and so happy that I accomplished something like this. I also made a feeding bowl and I put it toward the bottom of the cage so the chameleon could see its food. I might move it up slightly. My cage right now has about 8 branches, a few on the bottom, few in the middle and a few on top. So here are a few pictures of my cage. Tell me what you think! :D
IMG_0809_zpsef54b29c.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0808_zps31e90792.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0807_zps084b34ec.jpg
[/IMG]

It looks really good Seb! Just make sure those basking spots aren't too close to the heat light! Your chameleon is going to be stoked about this.
I don't know if you've ever read up about it but some chameleons have a tendency to eat dirt. To eliminate this, boil some larger rocks and put them on top of the soil.

It looks really good Seb! Just make sure those basking spots aren't too close to the heat light! Your chameleon is going to be stoked about this.
I don't know if you've ever read up about it but some chameleons have a tendency to eat dirt. To eliminate this, boil some larger rocks and put them on top of the soil.

Thank you! Alright man I got you. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that out tomorrow. I'm a little tired right now

Remember there is no such thing as perfect. This is the best 1st setup, most effort and best attitude I have seen all the time I have been on the forum :) Well done, gold star lol

Remember there is no such thing as perfect. This is the best 1st setup, most effort and best attitude I have seen all the time I have been on the forum :) Well done, gold star lol

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'm a perfectionist so I'm trying my best haha

Nice setup, looks really nice. Good luck when you get your Chameleon. In a previous post, I mentioned to you that I got a Monsoon RS400 for the watering. I must admit I did not do the research as you did and rushed into some things. Anyway, the Monsoon is going back to the store today. I am going to get the Mist King which most people have been recommending. The darn timer on the Monsoon sometimes gets a mind of its own. Not good as it can over or under water to the extremes. I have lost trust in it and it has to go. Live and learn, and wished I came to this Forum before I purchased my little fella.

Nice setup, looks really nice. Good luck when you get your Chameleon. In a previous post, I mentioned to you that I got a Monsoon RS400 for the watering. I must admit I did not do the research as you did and rushed into some things. Anyway, the Monsoon is going back to the store today. I am going to get the Mist King which most people have been recommending. The darn timer on the Monsoon sometimes gets a mind of its own. Not good as it can over or under water to the extremes. I have lost trust in it and it has to go. Live and learn, and wished I came to this Forum before I purchased my little fella.

Shameless plug for aquazamp. I have one and highly recommend it. Made in the US of A, if that matters to you... ;)

Monsoon RS400 for the watering. I must admit I did not do the research as you did and rushed into some things. Anyway, the Monsoon is going back to the store today. I am going to get the Mist King which most people have been recommending. The darn timer on the Monsoon sometimes gets a mind of its own. Not good as it can over or under water to the extremes. I have lost trust in it and it has to go. Live and learn, and wished I came to this Forum before I purchased my little fella.

Shameless plug for aquazamp. I have one and highly recommend it. Made in the US of A, if that matters to you... ;)

Lolz - any site sponsor is good for me, country is not important anymore. Internet will end this eventually. Also, remember that Veileds do not need so much humidity. For one cham maybe do not need auto mister.

Yes, Mistkings has a great reputation. Very soon I'll be getting my own misting system because that way I won't have to worry about my chameleon dehydrating when I go out for a day.

Yes, Mistkings has a great reputation. Very soon I'll be getting my own misting system because that way I won't have to worry about my chameleon dehydrating when I go out for a day.

Also useful if you don't want to be a chameleon slave all the time, yes :)

Back
Top Bottom