Ficus Benjamina variegated?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Hi, next week I will be getting a Ficus Benjamina Variegated from "The Flower Shoppe" downtown, they have multiple Ficus, and Schefflera. They have one for 20 dollars there. how fast do they grow, how big do they get and is there anything that I should watch out for with my chameleon? I know that I will be covering the top soil with no pesticides, and large river stones. So is there anything that I should be looking for about the plant? what should I do to make sure it won't harm the chameleon?
Thanks Zac.

Also I will be picking up some new Schefflera's.

Wash the leaves between your hands with a mild dish soap them rinse then well. I repot my plants with a mixture of 1/2 soil & 1/2 sand to allow drainage. Plants die if they get too much water. Other that that you have it covered.

Wash the leaves, be careful of the sap in ficus' and make sure you know the basics of the plant care! It's very easy to kill a ficus with overwatering, so try not to let the soil get too wet frequently and don't let it's roots sit in water! They both grow pretty dang fast, but the ficus slows down in the winter. Using an organic fertilizer every few months makes a huge difference too. I like ficus' because I can shape the branches and make cool designs out of them. I haven't made anything super cool yet, but I will!! :D

Wash the leaves, be careful of the sap in ficus' and make sure you know the basics of the plant care! It's very easy to kill a ficus with overwatering, so try not to let the soil get too wet frequently and don't let it's roots sit in water! They both grow pretty dang fast, but the ficus slows down in the winter. Using an organic fertilizer every few months makes a huge difference too. I like ficus' because I can shape the branches and make cool designs out of them. I haven't made anything super cool yet, but I will!! :D

Wash the leaves between your hands with a mild dish soap them rinse then well. I repot my plants with a mixture of 1/2 soil & 1/2 sand to allow drainage. Plants die if they get too much water. Other that that you have it covered.

Thank You both! I will sure watch out for the sap and clean the leaves! I asked about the pesticides so I'm sure that I can get organic soil. Thanks again! pssh you should post some pictures on how you shape the branches!

So far I've just braided the branches together so it's like a wall of tree. I don't have very big ficus' so there isn't toooo much I can do. I can't remember what the practice is called, but there are people who make huge cool things out of trees they grew. Kind if like shaping bonsai trees, except real life sized. :)

So far I've just braided the branches together so it's like a wall of tree. I don't have very big ficus' so there isn't toooo much I can do. I can't remember what the practice is called, but there are people who make huge cool things out of trees they grew. Kind if like shaping bonsai trees, except real life sized. :)

Awesome! I want to do that, but I don't know if it will turn out good :eek: lol. They have a smaller one that is 20 bucks and another one that is about 3 feet off the ground, and its like 45-60 bucks. they don't label them with the price so its hard to tell for sure ha.

Back
Top Bottom