Fertilizer?

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have a pothos plant (Soon to get more plants) in my veiled chameleon Codas cage, I was wondering if I could put fertilizer in there as long as the river rocks are on top so she cant eat it. Thoughts?

So I have a pothos plant (Soon to get more plants) in my veiled chameleon Codas cage, I was wondering if I could put fertilizer in there as long as the river rocks are on top so she cant eat it. Thoughts?

I wouldn't use anything but earthworm castings (even then just a smidge) You could throw some BSFL in there too and as the pupate and emerge she will have some snacks.

I use osmocote slow release pellets made for hanging baskets/indoor plants in my substrate. You can scratch a little bit in, and then cover it up with the rocks. Make sure whatever you get is animal safe, and I figure you're good to go - especially if it's covered!

My 2 cents, anyway. :)

Its a pothos. You don't need fertilizer for them. They are pretty indestructible as long as you keep them watered and lit up.

I use roots organic to fertilize. Whatever product you go with, Make sure you take the plants out of the cage to water them and let them drain thoroughly before putting back in so you don't introduce pathogens. I would also dilute the fertilizer more than the recommended dose.

Back
Top Bottom