Fertile Eggs?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Hello. With much help from all the forum members with Delilah's egg laying, she has successfully laid 62 eggs. She is very skinny and is now able to eat about 5 crickets and a superworm for the next few days, but I am wondering how I will know if the eggs are fertile? I have them incubating at 70 at night and about 76-80 during the day. So how do I know they are fetile? they all seem to be a white color. I will take a few pics and post them on here.
Thanks Zac

I keep mine at about 72-75F for the first 4-5 months. I raise the temperature up to 80F for the remainder of the incubation. I have noticed that mine start to have veins visible inside each egg after about 4-5 months when held against a powerful LED light. Hold on to them regardless. If you place them up against a light, be sure and mark the egg before moving it so that you keep the up side up. Rotating them can damage or drown the embryo.

In most cases a week or two time will tell if they are good or not. If not they will mold over. If they make it a month chances are better they will hatch. Still eggs can last a heck of a long time have nothing come of them.

Hi ChameleonRave. I was told by Laurie on her that if my temps are at 26 degrees (Not sure what that is in F) my eggs would hatch in 5 - 7 months

Back
Top Bottom