Feng Shui cage?

Banders675

Ok it seems that Ranger is getting bored with his cage. He hangs out on the one fake vine all day and that is about it. He used to pace the vine now he just sits there till I mist him then he moves more to the light. Any ideas on how I can make his life more exciting? when we let him out he jams across the bed into the "big tree" and then just sits in the top of it. he has a live ficus in his cage and a drooping fake vine. All my chams have real ficus trees in their cages.

Ok it seems that Ranger is getting bored with his cage. He hangs out on the one fake vine all day and that is about it. He used to pace the vine now he just sits there till I mist him then he moves more to the light. Any ideas on how I can make his life more exciting? when we let him out he jams across the bed into the "big tree" and then just sits in the top of it. he has a live ficus in his cage and a drooping fake vine. All my chams have real ficus trees in their cages.

I think you are misinterpreting his behavior. A settled, contented cham who knows he's king of his turf will do what you described. He isn't bored. A cham that is frustrated and anxious about something in his environment will pace and be constantly active. What seems dull to you isn't necessarily so for a non-domesticated animal that evolved to be on the watch for danger.

If you want to give him something interesting to do, try releasing some bluebottle flies in the cage to chase down.

Back
Top Bottom