Females back legs are not moving

I remember a thread like this. You said the back half of her is brown the front part is green.

At least it's not fully black.

A while back a panther fell onto his back and had spinal injuries. It died overnight a few days later because all of the organs where is was black had shut down.

I'm hoping you get her to a vet soon, and best of luck.

No no the chameleon is fine. She is actually just chilling on the ground looking around a lot.

I said fail in response to SYN comment.

OOOO I am super sorry if I sounded like a dick right there. I meant it in a friendly way.

Like I said before, you guys are all hella awesome for the information you have provided me.

No no the chameleon is fine. She is actually just chilling on the ground looking around a lot.

I said fail in response to SYN comment.

Chilling on the ground..Chameleons are arboreal. They shouldn't be on the ground unless they are sick...

Generally Syn, but remember what I said about 'exceptions to every rule'. Homer likes to cruise the floor on and off each day too. He didnt say his lizard stays on the floor all the time. :)
lets not add 2 and 2 and get 7! :D

Chilling on the ground..Chameleons are arboreal. They shouldn't be on the ground unless they are sick...

At the moment she is still able to pull herself to a branch. Her back legs are twitching like she is trying to regain control.

Ok the back legs are a concern. First thing might be a really good idea is a spring clean of your cage, you should find poo. If not, atleast once its clean and uncluttered you can see if she drops any bombs in the next day or so, but maybe mist a bit a few times a day to encourage drinking and play with your water source a little.

If you handle it, notice if her grip is strong in the back feet or not. does she use her back legs at all? Now have a look at her bum, it should be clean with no discharge, no dry white encrustations or anything.

Observe her eating over the next day or two, if foods going in, and shes drinking too, she should be dropping bombs.

Other things to double check:

Temps at the basking spot and that it is basking.

Sufficient UV lighting or natural sunlight.

How long since you noticed the back leg issue?

What size were the crickets?

I ask these questions because sudden loss of rear limb function/paralysis is a common sign of impaction in many lizard species. This also needs to be investigated.

I did ask about it.

The crickets are medium large, not big enough to start making noise but they are a good size. Yesterday I put about 25 crickets in her cage. Aegean usually eats a lot but there is still about 15 or so crickets wandering about.

Her back legs just twitch and have weak to no grip. Her front half is strong though. Her nails are able to dig in my hand and hold herself up. She cannot not move about much though.

The back leg issue just started today. I check my chameleons every single day and she was running about the cage yesterday.

At the moment, I put her in a container with lots of peat moss and sand bedding with a branch. She has been in there for a couple hours now and has not "dropped any bombs" yet.

I too would get her to a vet tomorrow. Getting back to the possibility of her being egg-bound...for future reference, 8 months is not too young for a veiled to produce eggs. I have heard of some who produced eggs as early as 6 months. Make sure she has a laying bin available at all times. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom