Females back legs are not moving

I have been reading this thread closely. My opinion is to u people who offer advice on "This is what I heard will work" need to keep it to yourself and let those members help who knows what will work. I am not trying to be rude but giving someone advice on a life or death situation with only having heard to do this could be doing nothing but making a serious problem worse. Unless u r sure about what u choose to offer will help I think u should let someone who actually knows speak instead of breaking the who posts the most record. Sorry for being rude. If anyone takes offence to this they must be one of those people I am talking about...Have a good day.

All of us who spend a bit of time on the forum know there are members who offer advice without the knowledge to back it up. This is a problem with no ready solution. Do you have ant ideas since the member/members won't stop this practice???

There is a lot of frustration, I know. I feel like everyone is coming down on me for this problem. I do not know what else to say, I have read multiple books on how to raising chameleons, spoke with quite a few reptile breeders, I mean I was positive everything was going to be great.

For all of your people who are coming down on me for not having a plethora of money. FUCKING CHILL!

I bought these chameleons when I was at a comfortable point in time. I recently just left my job to take on a couple internships but I have never neglected my animals. They are my pride and joy and it really hurts to find out one is very ill.

I am going to be very straight forward on this but sometimes shit happens and you have to make negative decisions.

I just called a local vet and they stupidly said "we do not work on lizards", yes, that means they don't even put them down.

Dont vets work under some kind of code of ethics? You should report that one to your humane society. Euthanasia is the one thing ANY vet should be both willing and able to perform to end an animals suffering. I dont beleive for minute they dont know how , nor that they dont carry lethabarb, which leaves them simply unwilling?

I dontunderstand that.

A much easier but just as entertaining pet might be a bearded dragon/s. These are very hardy, almost bulletproof and keeping requirements rather straightforward. Most lizards require some dedication from you however. A snake might be more your kind of pet.

Please do the right thing, It dosent matter what some stranger on the internet says, but
im sure despite your tough words your upset about it and you do want to do right thing.
Only you have to live with yourself.

Best wishes :(

EDIt: post since typing. Well done Mil. :)

Dont vets work under some kind of code of ethics? You should report that one to your humane society. Euthanasia is the one thing ANY vet should be both willing and able to perform to end an animals suffering. I dont beleive for minute they dont know how , nor that they dont carry lethabarb, which leaves them simply unwilling?

I have not been 'down' on you at all, everyone makes mistakes , but you are an adult I assume and therefore capable of atleast doing the right thing now. You can not be sure your animal is not suffering, and from all accounts you beleive its dying. A humane end, if its indeed nessesary is the compassionate thing to do, despite expense or convenience. Its not like the situation arises every day.

Im dissapointed at your cruel and juvenile attitude, especially concerning your remaining animals, which you admit you cant afford. You were willing at the start to makes changes etc for the benifit of your animals, yet are unwilling to do one last kind thing for a chameleon that has given you much pleasure and enjoyment.

I simply dont understand that! Given your recent comments, you could atleast be adult enough to admit that chameleon keeping is a little too advanced/expensive/time consuming for you, and give them away.

A much easier but just as entertaining pet might be a bearded dragon/s. These are very hardy, almost bulletproof and keeping requirements rather straightforward. Most lizards require some dedication from you however. A snake might be more your kind of pet.

Please do the right thing, It dosent matter what some stranger on the internet says, but
im sure despite your tough words your upset about it and you do want to do right thing.
Only you have to live with yourself.

Best wishes :(

That was not aimed at you, Jojackson. You have very unbiased advice and I really appreciated that

There is a lot of frustration, I know. I feel like everyone is coming down on me for this problem. I do not know what else to say, I have read multiple books on how to raising chameleons, spoke with quite a few reptile breeders, I mean I was positive everything was going to be great.

For all of your people who are coming down on me for not having a plethora of money. FUCKING CHILL!

I bought these chameleons when I was at a comfortable point in time. I recently just left my job to take on a couple internships but I have never neglected my animals. They are my pride and joy and it really hurts to find out one is very ill.

I am going to be very straight forward on this but sometimes shit happens and you have to make negative decisions.

Please watch your language.......we do have children on here.

Do you have any ideas since the member/members won't stop this practice???

Im one of those who offer advice (not guesses). Maybe the health clinic forum(answers) could be set to allow posting only be senior members. When a new person post a thread
in health clinic, Answers by senior members could be posted in a special forum (read only)
?

Take a Breather Mil, You joined a forum to ask for help afterall right, If you didnt care you wouldnt have bothered.

Hope all turns out ok. There are bigger issues, no point getting upset about it.
Some folk actually join forums to diagnose their childrens illness! Go figure, Now theres some folk deserve a kick in the Bum eh! :D

I don't believe I saw anyone mention that maybe she has spinal damage and her back legs are done in. She may have eggs in her as well. If she does have spinal problems or any problems I think it is not human to let them suffer or "let nature take its course". Kinda like if u go into the hospital with appendix problems and they turn u away and say let nature take its course. Not cool. So with all do respect I have to agree with jo and say u r being very ignorant to let it suffer for I know when my animals r not well I think I feel more pain than them watching them go through it as I get them better with help of cousre "vet" or I do the hardest thing I ever have to do each time ans end them. Sorry again but that is how I feel...

Wow! I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you did come on the forum looking for answers to your problem. Just because people are giving you "harsh" answers, that doesn't mean they are coming down on you. They are just giving "advice" that maybe you don't want to hear. People on here aren't "yes men" here to stroke your ego or make you feel good about a justification you may have for not taking what they may see as nessesary action. We all go through our own issues and problems with reptiles we keep. Just hear everyone out, learn from your mistake, do what is right, and have thick skin.

I remember a thread like this. You said the back half of her is brown the front part is green.

At least it's not fully black.

A while back a panther fell onto his back and had spinal injuries. It died overnight a few days later because all of the organs where is was black had shut down.

I don't believe I saw anyone mention that maybe she has spinal damage and her back legs are done in. She may have eggs in her as well.

Here is the thread : https://www.chameleonforums.com/half-body-black-22192/

It took about 3 days, I believe.

Wow! I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you did come on the forum looking for answers to your problem. Just because people are giving you "harsh" answers, that doesn't mean they are coming down on you. They are just giving "advice" that maybe you don't want to hear. People on here aren't "yes men" here to stroke your ego or make you feel good about a justification you may have for not taking what they may see as nessesary action. We all go through our own issues and problems with reptiles we keep. Just hear everyone out, learn from your mistake, do what is right, and have thick skin.

That is the best post I ever read. Well said...

Help

mine chameleon is haveing the same issue she or he stays on the bottom of the cage all day and night long the back legs when it tries to walk always grabs her/himself i dont know wha tto do im a first time chameleon onwer and i need either osme advice or im really tryin to get rid of it... ive had it since dec. and it was doing good for the first few months the last two its been on the ground and i have seen it fall... im very concerned bout it but cant afford to go to the vet... if anyone in the near vacinity would like to have her im tryin to get rid of cage and all supplies and chameleon for $200 i've spent over $800 on it and just can't afford anymore i thought i could take care of it but im in the healthcare field and i work long days and it seems that a chameleon needs alot of attention that i just cant give it... please help someone....

:mad: i can't believe you are all acting this way.
dude came on here looking for advice and help.
and what do you guys give em?
bullshit.

why the nagging?
why the bitching?
why the put downs?

it's stupid.

everyone has the right to decide how to deal with these types of situations. that's part of owning a pet.

just because they don't feel like ending it's life with euthanasia doesn't make them a shitty person.

everyone REALLY needs to lay off, and gather some common courtesy or retire from this whole giving advice thing.

if you're just going to be rude when people have issues, then don't fucking reply at all.

Back
Top Bottom