Female veiled pregnant

baileywalker

Hello my female veiled chameleon is pregnant, shes about 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 months, so i put a bucket with moistened play sand in the cage, its fairly big, she started digging in it right away and got a couple inches in, then she stopped without laying, did she not like the bucket or the sand, should i try peat moss soil or a different bucket, or do they not breed as soon as the holes are dug?

Did she see you watching her? They will abandon the hole and can become eggbound if it happens too often....so don't let her see you watching her when she's digging.

That being said....this is how the egglaying should go...
The female may dig several test holes but should settle on one and dig it until she is happy with it. It can take several days. She will then turn around...butt down...usually in the evening and lay her eggs. She should then fill in the hole and tamp it down and return to the branches...hungry and thirsty.

Good luck!

yeah she saw me shes in my bedroom and i was changing so i couldnt avoid it, im gonna leave till tonight so i dont bother her again though, and shes on her second hole now shes about 8 inches deep in it. will they just fill up the hole and dig out the hole bucket till its even ground?

Back
Top Bottom