female veiled may be about to lay. need confitmation.

creep

So I think my lady is ready to lay. She was crawling around on the bottom of her cage. I didn't really see any holes or interest in her small box. So I put her in the big lay bin.
what I need to know is should I put a heat lamp on her while in the big bin? It just seems really cool and I wanna make sure she can dig ok

PS plz don't link jannb lay blog. I've read and reread it several times.
thank you. I can post pics later if needed

if it seems too cool forher, then yes,
the warmth can keep he rmoving and she may not get as tired.

So I think my lady is ready to lay. She was crawling around on the bottom of her cage. I didn't really see any holes or interest in her small box. So I put her in the big lay bin.
what I need to know is should I put a heat lamp on her while in the big bin? It just seems really cool and I wanna make sure she can dig ok

PS plz don't link jannb lay blog. I've read and reread it several times.
thank you. I can post pics later if needed

I don't use a heat light but I live in FL and it stays fairly warm here year round. Hope all goes smooth for your girl.

I don't use a heat light but I live in FL and it stays fairly warm here year round. Hope all goes smooth for your girl.

good luck!
was she bred?
and let us know how many eggs she lays!
hard to say if she was bred. Previous owner had the male and female together so its possible. But I definitely will keep you all updated. This my first experience with any pregnant reptiles. I'm used to puppies or baby horses my mom had when I was growing up

Mine have always walked all around the cage like thay are looking for something and when they stop eating its usually time to lay their eggs!! Thats when I put them in their laying bin and they start digging their hole!!

Day two:
She didnt lay last night, so i put her back in her enclosure til this morning. Yesterday she just scratched at the side of the lay bin and didnt even dig any test holes.
This morning after misting her, i was sitting at my computer and watched her climb down to her small lay bin and start digging... So i picked her up and put her back in the big lay bin, put a light on her, and closed the bedroom door.
Ill let her stay in there for a few hours before i check on her.. Of course im always careful not to let her see me.

waiting is the hardest part

Day two:
She didnt lay last night, so i put her back in her enclosure til this morning. Yesterday she just scratched at the side of the lay bin and didnt even dig any test holes.
This morning after misting her, i was sitting at my computer and watched her climb down to her small lay bin and start digging... So i picked her up and put her back in the big lay bin, put a light on her, and closed the bedroom door.
Ill let her stay in there for a few hours before i check on her.. Of course im always careful not to let her see me.

waiting is the hardest part

I hope she lays for you!
It can take them the better part of a day to dig and lay. and many have been known to dig through the night.

My chameleon just laid last month and when she started digging at around 3pm and didnt stop unitl 10 pm. and I have hurd of them digging into the night as well. Good Luck. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
2.2 Veiled chameleons Rango, Terrance, Tinkebell and Fawn. 3.3 Bearded Dragons Jacob,Red, Chewwy. Bella, Sadie, and Arora. 1.1 Water Dragons Hadies and Persephanie 1 DayGecko Iggy 1 ball python Stitch 1 Columbian Red Tail Boa

day 3 now!
getting worried, last night after lights out she wasnt digging, just sitting in front of the light i put up for her.. so i put her back in regular cage for the night. Then i checked the lay bin and added more water. I think the sand was too loose and that might be why she wasnt digging.
Put her back in there a little while ago and she already has started a hole. SO that is good, now just praying that she lays!
How long should i wait before a vet visit becomes neccessary?

day 3 now!
getting worried, last night after lights out she wasnt digging, just sitting in front of the light i put up for her.. so i put her back in regular cage for the night. Then i checked the lay bin and added more water. I think the sand was too loose and that might be why she wasnt digging.
Put her back in there a little while ago and she already has started a hole. SO that is good, now just praying that she lays!
How long should i wait before a vet visit becomes neccessary?

I woudl giver her a few days to dig.
if she still hasnt laid, then maybe off to the vet for xrays to see how far alomng the eggs are
glad she started a hole!
now, dont watch her!

My female just laid her clutch after 6 days of back and forth, back and forth - just make sure she has everything she needs (water, food - if she'll take it) and of course humidity and warmth, I know the waiting is awful, but she will most likely will do just fine... :)

Dont move her back and forth. It could stress her into problems. Just leave her to do her thing. If she looks ill or acts odd even just a little, take her to the vets.

Oops - didn't mean I moved her back and forth - that was her going from the top of her cage, to the bottom (on her own) to her laying bin and back until she was happy with her dig. :)

I agree, never move them back and forth :)

i have to do the same for my females..they will investigate it about 2-3 times before actually digging, add water like you said..my females like it unusually wet almost muddy..i also use a heat lamp (however mine produces more light than heat with a 25 watt bulb)..

just be patient, thats what matters most..

here is my bucket set up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEdndZrlSM

and the digging..do not disturb once in the bucket..i use a webcam to observe them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX76fMcv5ak

good luck!!:D

im new at this laying eggs thing too. so could you post the link you were talking about and show some pics so i can get a better idea of what you do? any help is appreciated.

Dont scold me cami, but look at this photo I took. Her head is too deep to notice me, haha.
Success!!! i think adding the extra water helped make it firmer for her.
DSC03432.jpg

When I had my first female, she was digging test holes for 3 days and ont he fourth day I poured more water into the tub and she was straight in there and laid that day! It does need to be quite moist to hold a proper tunnel! Looks like this is it for her now! She won't stop until she has laid them and covered the hole in after! You won't even be cable to see where she was digging, they fill it back in so well, and they really pack it back down hard too!

HAHA!
I wont scold you, she cant see you so its ok.
just dont peek if it looks like shes turned herself around with her butt in the tunnel because then she will stop.

Back
Top Bottom