Female veiled concern???

jeff138

So I rescued this girl about 3 months ago and she has been doing great since she has been in my care, but the past couple of days she has had what looks like a big dry spot along the side of her belly maybe getting ready for a shed?but has anyone seen this before?? is this something I should be concerned with? Can anyone help? Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 154
I do have a bin for her:D As far as I know she has never laid eggs yet she has not been digging or showing sign's of being gravid. Thanks for the advice:) unfortunately since she was a rescue and was in a bad spot when I got her I am not certain of her age either

Thanks! This is my first female chameleon so I am trying to do it right I have been very nervous about her laying eggs she is eating and drinking well and I have her egg laying bin set up so I am hoping for the best

IMHO you should keep an opaque container 12" deep x 12" X8" filled almost full of washed play sand in her cage at all times. That way she has a place in her cage to dig in to show you when she's ready to lay eggs. Once she starts digging there you can move her to a bigger container if you want to but many of them will lay them in the small container in the cage.

The idea of controlling reproduction is that you feed her well for a couple of days after she lays the eggs and then cut back on the food...if you haven't bred her. If you've bred her, I would still feed her well for a couple of days and then cut back for a week or two to try to keep the clutch size smaller....but you don't want to cut a female too low if she's gravid with fertile eggs IMHO.

thanks for the info:) I have the 12x12 bin with play sand in there now I put it in there yesterday morn she has walked in it and poked around a little at it but nothing yet I will keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom