Female panther ready to breed?

pantherchamlove36

Established Member
My female is about 9 months old...shes been bobbing her head up and down does that mean shes ready to breed? Also how can I tell if shes ready?

Attachments

• 16543652016743001872681273055601.jpg
    16543652016743001872681273055601.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 81
Most breeders will let them lay their first clutch... This not only shows that they can successfully lay a clutch but also shows the health of the eggs. Additionally will give an idea on how large of a clutch they will have.

Most breeders will let them lay their first clutch... This not only shows that they can successfully lay a clutch but also shows the health of the eggs. Additionally will give an idea on how large of a clutch they will have.
Yes i heard that as well and its a good idea.. When will i know when she is ready to lay her first clutch?

Yes i heard that as well and its a good idea.. When will i know when she is ready to lay her first clutch?
Well, we know it’s safe to say she’s receptive, so it could be anytime now that she’ll start to show gravid colors. I have had a tricky time with this with my girl, as she’s faked me out once or twice. I know several people who have a 1-2 year old heathy and happy girl who has never laid them eggs. I don’t remember if anyone has said this and don’t really feel like looking through the whole thread lol, but clutch frequency and size are thought to be tied to their diet and how hot their enclosure gets. Just some things to keep in mind. Once they’re like 4-6 months old (I think), they are able to lay eggs, and it varies from cham to cham. Unfortunately there is no definitive age that they will start. It’s all approximations and interpretations of colors and behaviors.

I would keep the basking temperature around 80F...and feed her 4 or 5 crickets (or equal value of other insects) every 2 or 3 days so she won't produce large clutches.

Back
Top Bottom