receptive vs gravid colors

vydalbabi

hi can anyone explain to me how to tell the difference between gravid and receptive colors on panther females please? :)

1st is receptive, 2nd is gravid. These are 2 different females but that is typically what they will look like.

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys. do u mind looking at these piks of my girl and telling me what u think? she is now 5 months and weighs 68grams and looks like the first 2 piks. the 3rd pik is from june 5th and she weighed only 38grams. we thought she surely had to be gravid because she had so much weight gain in so little time despite a large decrease in food intake and temperature. we have had a laying bin for her but she shows zero interest. we put her in a trash can laying bin but only covered the hole we dug, dug no holes herself and mosly just walked around, tried to get out or sat around. mostly just want to make sure she is not gravid but the description u guys give and the piks make me think maybe we r wrong and she is just receptive. THANKS
after2.jpg

after-june29.jpg

before-june12.jpg

100% receptive in pics 1and2 ... not pic 3. Gravid is hard to tell at first if she hasnt mated. Keep a laying bin with moist medium in her cage to ensure she has somewhere to lay those eggs when shes ready. If not she could go egg bound and die.

See link Jannb provided for laying bin info.

Back
Top Bottom