Female Panther I think is egg bound

Hello,

I think my cham is egg bound. I saw her try and make a tunnel last week but I don't think it was suitable. Either we kept disturbing her or the tunnel did not hold. Since then my wife and I bought a bigger laying bin and included 'Play Sand' but I fear it may be too late. I read somewhere on these forums that someone's vet gave their chameleon Calcium Gluconate to induce egg laying. I just bought some on Amazon but have not given her any. What should I do? Also, when I was changing out the laying bin I noticed 1 egg in the laying bin

I have included some pics of her and of her enclosure

Her name is Cynthia. The doll from Rugrats
Cynthia.jpg
Cynthia2.JPG
cynthia3.JPG

Hello and welcome.
I think your poor Cynthia needs to see a vet with reptile or even better chameleon experience a.s.a.p. she isn’t looking good (eyes already sunken). They can decide what to do, i.e. giving her medicine that she maybe can still lay them on her own, but probably it’s too late for that and she needs surgery.

I wouldn’t experiment with giving medicine on your own.

Sorry to hear about your chameleon.
I agree that it's time for a vet.
That sand looks too dry from the photos. If you are having trouble with the moisture content on the surface, you may try adding another type of soil to the sand next time so that the clays in the soil mixed with the sand hold a tunnel better.
Good luck!

Hello and welcome.
I think your poor Cynthia needs to see a vet with reptile or even better chameleon experience a.s.a.p. she isn’t looking good (eyes already sunken). They can decide what to do, i.e. giving her medicine that she maybe can still lay them on her own, but probably it’s too late for that and she needs surgery.

I wouldn’t experiment with giving medicine on your own.
I agree she doesnt look good get her to a vet

Your beautiful lady will need a vet visit asap. I believe with vets giving calcium, it is usually to help with chameleons who have had calcium deficiency. There are other things that vets give to help, such as hormones. The sooner you get your lady in to a vet for help, the better the outcome will be. Besides being in pain, she’s only growing weaker.

Really sorry for your lost. Like others said, it’s a hard choice but sometimes the best for them. Keep her close in your heart and good you took her back home, she deserved her last resting place with you, she was a fighter.

Back
Top Bottom