female panther digging but no eggs

cookiegirl

Today my female ambilobe dug a tunnell in her container in her cage . She came all the way out but nothing was in there. My experiance is only with veileds. Do the panthers practice before they lay their eggs. Thanks any input would be greatly appreciated.

Today my female ambilobe dug a tunnell in her container in her cage . She came all the way out but nothing was in there. My experiance is only with veileds. Do the panthers practice before they lay their eggs. Thanks any input would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen them reject holes because it doesn't compact well enough. Use potting soil, the cheap black stuff, with no additives, no vermiculite, no perlite (styrofoam balls), etc.

Had a female that did this for days with good, compactable sand. Replaced it with potting soil and she laid eggs within a couple hours.

Steve

there could be a possibility that she is egg bound and she thought she layed the eggs or there in there you just looked in the wrong spot

The eggs are very small compared to veiled eggs. Are panther eggs a lot smaller. I will candle them in a few days to make sure they are fertile.

Howdy,

I've never candled any of my eggs but I'd assume that you wouldn't see anything until much, much later. If you think she was with a male then just set them up as if they are fertile and see what happens :). If they go bad then they weren't meant to be.

female digging

She was with my male ambilobe. She is not any fatter and she seemed to of never changed colors. My other female was with him also . She is getting fatter and she changed colors but she has not started digging. She was with him the week before the egg laying one was. I am going to dig the eggs out now and let everyone know how many I have. I know the veiled clutches I have been digging up have been anywhere from 28 being the smallest to 52 being the biggest. I prefer small clutches because the eggs seem to be bigger and healthier.

female digging

I just dug up all the eggs . I have 15 all together. They are very small compared to veileds eggs. I guess I will just have to wait a few days to see if they are fertile.

lol i hate when they dig tunnels that curve and you think the eggs are in one spot and there in another lol playing tricks on yea

Back
Top Bottom