Female or late bloomer

profile pics

Try to get more of a profile pic like these. This is a 2 month old male in the first pic and a same age female in the 2nd. Dont pay attention to color and look at the slight bulge just before the vent on the males tail. Olive does not have a visible bulge and it should be pretty obvious by 4-5 months.

Last edited:
like these

Attachments

• hej.jpg
    hej.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 239
What about his white stripes and bars? I thought those didn't appear on females?

I have females that show more color by 4 months than most males so that is not always a good way to tell the difference. Some females are tricky to see since they develope bars and some color variations and even appear to show a slight bulge at first. This looks to be one of the tricky ones. When I sex the babies from a clutch I check the profile pictures of each and separate that way. Its easier to see from the pictures than it is just looking when they are less than a month old.

like these?

Attachments

• huy.JPG
    huy.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 172
  • hyg.JPG
    hyg.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 153
  • hygf.jpg
    hygf.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 151
I say late bloomer. My first panther male was a super late bloomer, and looked solid brown and tiny for 6 months. Below is a photo of him. Look at that tail and tell me that he didn't have a tiny package for a 5 month old! But he grew into a big, beautiful Ambilobe male, and started showing colors just a couple weeks later.

Attachments

• Cerberus 5 months 8.jpg
    Cerberus 5 months 8.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 203
If you do have a female you should keep her. Little girls are so sweet and deserve to have a good home too. :) I will help you with all the females stuff. It not that bad. I love females.

Im sorry Lauren the answers are all over the place. :confused:

I am the breeder of this chameleon . At the time I sent Oliver there was no question in my mind that it was a male.

It was only recently when Lauren shared photos of Oliver I started to second guess myself that maybe it was a female...and that was because of the colors

I am usually pretty good at sexing baby chams.. infact out of all the baby chams I have sent out, I have never been wrong... unless somebody never told me they got the wrong sex.

This is the only photo I have of Oliver that was taken the day I sent him out at 3 months old. Even though there is a branch right at the important part you can see there is a taper to the tail that indicated a male.

I am leaning toward late bloomer at this point. But I have told Lauren to keep me posted and hopefully the uncertainty will be over soon

Attachments

• baby oliver.jpg
    baby oliver.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 224
The last profile pics you took do show a bulge. I now say male. Its slight but there is definitely a hemipenal bulge. This is what I was talking about how it can be so slight that you almost have to rely on a good profile pic to really make the call. I have had females that showed colors all the way until 6 months and I have had males that made me 2nd guess myself later on but the initial pics when they are 2=3 months always prove to be correct regardless of how they develope later on.

Last edited:
Im sorry Lauren the answers are all over the place. :confused:

I am the breeder of this chameleon . At the time I sent Oliver there was no question in my mind that it was a male.

It was only recently when Lauren shared photos of Oliver I started to second guess myself that maybe it was a female...and that was because of the colors

I am usually pretty good at sexing baby chams.. infact out of all the baby chams I have sent out, I have never been wrong... unless somebody never told me they got the wrong sex.

This is the only photo I have of Oliver that was taken the day I sent him out at 3 months old. Even though there is a branch right at the important part you can see there is a taper to the tail that indicated a male.

I am leaning toward late bloomer at this point. But I have told Lauren to keep me posted and hopefully the uncertainty will be over soon

Oh no its okay! :eek:

try these on for size? :confused:

I seriously think male because comparing with his brothers he has some of the red flecks by his belly and blue around his eyes and bars

Attachments

• gtd.JPG
    gtd.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 145
  • ygt.JPG
    ygt.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 180
  • fry.jpg
    fry.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 128
  • dg.jpg
    dg.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 136
  • sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 191
I'm voting male now that you have all these pictures up. Later bloomers always develop the BEST colors IMO.

I also had a male who was a super late bloomer and didnt have color until almost 7 months old.

I'm voting male now that you have all these pictures up. Later bloomers always develop the BEST colors IMO.

I also had a male who was a super late bloomer and didnt have color until almost 7 months old.

Other then developing late they don't have any other bumps along the roads do they? Any apart from the average healthly cham? :)

Back
Top Bottom